• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reconnecting Lightroom desktop app to downloaded originals

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reconnecting lightroom desktop (cloud) to downloaded orignals is a real nightmare.

The original are on an NAS. When there is an issue (for example a power failure), the desktop app does not recognize the share and reconnecting is thereafter a comedy of trials and erros which take a very long time and is annoying to no end.

I also use lightroom classic and have zero issues to connect to the originals on the same smb share.

Is there a reasonable way to reconnect the desktop app to the orginals, because if there is not, I am at the point of giving up.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you're using? Lightroom Classic and Lightroom are two different apps. Lightroom Classic does not store original images, however, you can import original images in Lightroom.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest versions.

I do understand that LrC and Lightroom (cloud) are different apps. I have been using both since their beginnings.

I eventually sucessfully reconnected the Ligthroom (cloud) with the originals stored locally. I wasted hours (again) to accomplish this. There should be a simple way to do this. There must or at least should be a simple way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this really doesn't work well. If you want to use NAS storage, you really should use Lightroom Classic. Lightroom Desktop (or Cloudy like I call it) really doesn't deal well with non-local storage of the local copies (remember with cloudy, your originals are in the cloud, the local copies are NOT your originals, they are just cached copies). The only way it works well is if you just use the default settings with the local cache automatically managed (ie. do NOT check to store all images on you local disk). This is one of the main reasons (next to about 100 others) that I use Classic as my main app for images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really tried to use it but there are just too many issues with "Cloudy", not to mention that the cloud storage costs are about twice as high as what you can get from other suppliers. End of the road for me with Cloudy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines