• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recurring restart message that doesn't let me use the app

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Lightroom to edit some photos as a longtime designer/ user of Photoshop and Illustrator and I get this recurring message on startup saying: "Lightroom needs to restart to clean some things up for you.". I press OK and it restarts then the same message pops up and it restarts etc. I've tried restarting, uninstalling/ reinstalling and resetting preferences but none have worked. Is there any way to fix this? I noticed that the app actually works fine in the background using the tabs up the top but the message blocks me from clicking.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem running windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue... did you manage to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem.. it was working fine today, then all of a sudden i keep getting this message. i am using the most up to date version of lightroom - fyi, lightroom classic is working fine.

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 00.04.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, but I'm using windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a fix for this yet? Exactly the same thing is happening to me today. Have tried resetting preferences but that did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet im still looking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. on Mac - I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, I reset preferences, I deleted the cache, I signed out and signed back into creative cloud; Nothing worked. Can Adobe respond with a solution please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here for Windows 10, would love a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth contributing to this thread on the feedback forum that's monitored by the engineering team : https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-needs-to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution (finally):

You can find the full thread with the solution here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-needs-to...

but heres the short version:

1. Open lightroom - you will get the popup that says: 

"Lightroom needs to restart to clean some things up for you."

2. dont click ok - in the top right corner of the lightroom window, you will see a cloud icon with a blue loading circle (see image) - that means that lightroom is syncing (or trying to) photos to the cloud - even if you dont have cloud photos (which i dont) it seems that lightroom is stuck in a loop of sorts.

3. now the hard part, crack your fingers and take a few deep breaths.

4. click on on the warning message, this will close lightroom and restart it, when lightroom restarts and BEFORE you get the pop up, you need to do the following:

5. click on the cloud icon, it will open a small window with sync details, at the bottom of the window it should sat "syncing Photos' with a blue loading circle next to it, hover on the blue loading circle and click once, this will turn the blue loading circle into a 'Paused' symbol. this may take you a few tries (it took me about 5 tries) to do, the challenge is to do all these steps BEFORE you get the "clwaning" popup (once the popup comes out you can click anywhere else anymore)

6. if you did the above, and you get the pop up, the cloud icon in the top right corner should now look like a paused icon (not a blue circle loading icon).

7. click OK in the warning and wait for lightroom to restart.

8. once it restarts, the cloud icon in the top right corner should now be 'paused' by default and you shouldnt get the error anymore.

Hope the above helps! here below are screen shots to help explain the above:

ScreenShot20210114at1.43.38pm-3bc1be64-b2fa-4ec0-a06e-85a925450b84-1576735883.pngScreenShot20210114at1.49.34pm-7037b060-a267-4427-af39-452f5454ea97-2010864341.pngScreenshot 2021-01-14 at 14.44.23.pngScreenshot 2021-01-14 at 14.29.46.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines