• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset all photos to original (when imported)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to reset all the photos in an album to the original when imported? I want to reset and it seems I can only do one at a time in the develop mode by using Shift R to clear the edit one-by-one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Just in case you are talking about Lightroom (the cloudy version), the way to do this is use Shift+R to reset one image, then with that image still selected do Ctrl+C (Windows) ot Cmd+C (Mac) to copy the edit settings of the selected image. Then select all the images that you also want to reset and do Shift+Ctrl+V (Windows) or Shift+Cmd+V (Mac) to paste the copied settings to all the selected photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to the develop module then it would seem that you are referring to Lightroom Classic. These instructions would be for that version. You would want to have the filmstrip visible and then press Ctrl+A (or the equivalent on the Mac) to highlight all images in the filmstrip. Then, in the filmstrip, there is a switch to activate auto-sync. After you have done that, click on the reset button.

Screenshot 2021-06-13 140231.jpg

Just a word of caution. You'll want to ensure to deactivate the auto-sync when finished. Otherwise adjustments could affect other images when it isn't intended. I speak from experience in that regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case you are talking about Lightroom (the cloudy version), the way to do this is use Shift+R to reset one image, then with that image still selected do Ctrl+C (Windows) ot Cmd+C (Mac) to copy the edit settings of the selected image. Then select all the images that you also want to reset and do Shift+Ctrl+V (Windows) or Shift+Cmd+V (Mac) to paste the copied settings to all the selected photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I was referring to the cloud/web version of Lightroom. I didn't think to copy/paste to reset. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines