Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search for a person on a external hard disk

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i would like to search my external hard disk for a special person , but all I can search is the photo's on tje hard drive off my computer.

is it even possible to search youre photo's on a external hard drive ??

with regards Lilian 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify which program you are using? If the images of that special person that are stored on the external drive have been imported into either of the two different Lightroom versions, then it should be possible to search for a specific person in the Lightroom catalog. However, subsequently locating the images of that specific person in Lightroom requires that the specific person has somehow been previously identified to Lightroom, either by using the face recognition feature or by adding a suitable identifying keyword tag.

If the images on the external drive have NOT been imported into Lightroom, then you cannot use Lightroom to locate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i am surprised i thought I answered you, I am sorry. the Lightroom classic program \i use and I am not able to import the external drive into the Lightroom.

I guess I have to importe all the photo's to my harddrive and search then??

greeting Lilian Warmenhoven 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to import the external drive into the Lightroom.

Why are you not able to import the images on the external drive into Lightroom? What happens when you try? Note that you cannot "import the external drive" into LrClassic, you have to select the images that are on that external drive in the Import dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh , its working did what you said, I thought that I had to import everything to my harddrive but I don't have to.

thank you very musch .

and for youre quick answer !!

with regards Lilian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines