• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing metadata

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Lightroom CC album.  Each photo's metadata includes keywords in the tagging section and locations in the information section.  A few questions have emerged.

When I share the album, viewers can click the info button on the right to see the location and other details (image history, etc.).  But how can they see the keywords?  These are essential, since they contain a lot information about the content of the images.

Moving beyond basic sharing, is there any way to set up a shared Lightroom album so that the metadata is searchable?  I've read several postings indicating that this is not possible.  Is that really true?  If so, are there any other options?  I'd rather not have to pay for a license on another platform like SmugMug.

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
macOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Keywords are not currently available in shared albums.

2. There is no search function in shared albums.

Both features will probably already be the subject of feature requests on this forum, so perhaps you could add your upvote to help get these features prioritised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the speedy reply.  It might make sense to use SmugMug, since it has a search function.  But I've had trouble exporting location data to SmugMug.  When Lightroom exports images to SmugMug, does it include location data?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To get images to Smugmug from the Lightroom desktop app you would need to export to a local hard drive, and from there you would upload to Smugmug. When you export from Lightroom you can include the location metadata, but I don't know what, if anything, Smugmug would do with that data. I would have thought the data would be retained, but I don't know for sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines