• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift+B,L,R does not add mask to existing mask

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After creating a radial mask by pressing R, Lightroom tells me to press Shift+R to add another radial mask to the mask I just created. But whenever I do so simply nothing happens. Same issue with adding Brush or Linear masks to an existing mask. I really don't want to click on the plus item and then on Add to Mask every single time. The shortcut could save a lot of time!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is necessary to draw the first Radial mask before adding a second. 

[ R ]

Draw Oval

[Shift]+[ R ] 

Draw Oval

It is working here on version 5.2 installed on Mac OS 12.2.1

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick answer! Unfortunately this is the exact way I tried doing it... Maybe I need to update my Mac OS, I am still on 11.5.2, because everytime I press Shift+R my Macbook does the Mac Plopping Error Sound. Or is there any way to reset all settings inside Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.

If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of your local storage. Please review this setting after resetting preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your help! I did your Reset Procedure and even updated my Mac OS to the latest version and tried the Reset Procedure again but it did not help...

Substract from current Mask by using [alt/opt]+[R] works like a charm! But adding to mask by pressing [Shift]+[R] still leads to the Mac Error Sound and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The symptoms you describe, the beep, sound similar to a hidden dialog having focus. That would be a first place to look.  Restart your Mac - open only Lightroom and make sure it is not covering the entire window - attempt the shortcuts and see if there is a dialog lurking somewhere. 

Other than that, I would look for applications that may have hijacked the shortcut for their own uses. Copy/Paste utilities, Screen Capture Utilities, and others can sometimes consume active KBSCs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines