• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Previews and Lightroom (non Classic)?

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. I want to make some convenient workflow with my mac, iPad and mobile devices. 

Smart Previews would solve many of my issues with space and sync, but I don't want to use Lightroom Classic on my computer. Does Lightroom CC support generating of Smart Previews that can be synced to the cloud isntead of syncing RAW files directly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

"Does Lightroom CC support generating of Smart Previews that can be synced to the cloud isntead of syncing RAW files directly?"

No.

All 'Mobile' versions of Lightroom (including Lr-desktop v4.2 ) store 'full-size' files in Cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does Lightroom CC support generating of Smart Previews that can be synced to the cloud isntead of syncing RAW files directly?"

No.

All 'Mobile' versions of Lightroom (including Lr-desktop v4.2 ) store 'full-size' files in Cloud storage.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your "issues with space and sync"? Lightroom stores originals in the cloud, but all your devices can work with smart previews that are downloaded from these cloud originals. You do not have to store copies of these originals on any of your devices.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean that I need more than 1tb for raw files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you'll have to get that. It's about $10/month extra.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom Classic is the only way to import your full-sized raw images to your computer and then create collections to synchronize with Lightroom. That's just the way the system works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 5.1

Would be great to have the ability to upload smart previews instead of full-res; just like in Lightroom Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Unicorneu wrote:

LR 5.1

Would be great to have the ability to upload smart previews instead of full-res; just like in Lightroom Classic. 

The whole idea behind Lightroom (and the reason that Adobe created a second app in the first place) is that Lightroom stores the originals in the cloud. It does not have any features to organise originals locally, like Lightroom Classic has. So no, I don't think that would be great. And I already have Lightroom Classic for such a workflow anyway.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines