• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot healing extra circle shows up that won't let me edit

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have hit a button while trying to do some spot healing and I now have a little circle that stays in one spot on my photo and it won't allow me to use the actual healing tool. If anyone knows how to get rid of that cirlce I'd really appreciate the help.

App Version 6.2

MacOS Monterey

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Kurt291265570joq, welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you figure this out.

This usually appears at the beginning of a heal/clone stroke for a fraction of a second. Try toggling the Tool overlay by pressing the O key on the keyboard. Go to View > Edit Tools > Show Overlay & disable Overlay here.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Probably a simple solution but I can't figure it out. I had no problem using the healing tools before, but at some point I must have pressed a button or changed a setting or something, and now when I click on the heal tools, immediately a white dot appears on the photo (see image below). I'm not talking about the healing tool itself, but a separate dot (actually, it's a white dot inside a white circle. When I try and use the healing tools, nothing happens. I click and drag the cursor but the healing tool remains where it is. I'm assuming this is connected to the white dot. What is extra odd is that if I select another photo whilst the healing tool is still selected, this weird white dot appears in the exact same position in the new photo. Any ideas gratefully received. 

I am using Lightroom Desktop on Windows.

Picture1.png

Thanks,

Andy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help>System Info… and provide us the exact installed version number of your software. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this. The version is 6.3.1 WAS x64. Donkey me know if you require any further information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Lightroom Ecosystem forum

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk/Everyone, 

Rikk - thanks for moving my question to the appropriate forum.

I haven't received a response to my query regarding the white dot, which seems to be preventing me from using the healing tool. Is there anything I need to do to draw it to the attention of someone who might know? 

Thanks

Andy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on a solution to this? I've been experiencing the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, weirdly my problem just vanished on its own accord yesterday, and now I can use the healing tool again. The white dot is no longer there. Don’t really understand why though. Maybe try shutting down the programme fully and checking for software updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same problem currently! Please let me know if anyone has figured out an actual solution to this! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have also been having this same problem and have not found a solution. Could someone please let me know if the problem has been solved yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also came across the same issue today. Nothing has worked other than restarting the application. It went away for me but I'm not sure if thats the true solution to this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had exactly the same issue - after months of using, it just started today and has nearly driven me mad! Going to try updates and then shut it all off and see what happens then..... thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this problem STILL NOT ANSWERED!  This is so annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that I found is closing and re opening Lightroom. Completely annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what's happened to me also did you work out how to rectify this please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem disappeared by itself after a while, so I’m afraid I can’t give you a precise solution. Perhaps ensure it is up to date or restart the programme and your computer? Good luck…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a situation where it happens and at this time, I have only been able to resolve it by closing and re-opening the Lightroom application. 

I've been able to repeat this instance 5 times in a row. If you are using the heal tool and you drag a selection of the photo, if you continue to hold the mouse click for the dragged selection, and then attempt to undo this selection by pressing Command + Z before releasing the mouse click, it will leave this white circle with the dot in the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, very useful to know the cause! Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy - hover over the spot with mouse (or track pad) and press 'esc' and gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines