• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SQLite Database Corrupt

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the known issues list, with "contact support" as the only suggestion. Despite what I'm paying for a subscription, the only two support options available ON THE WEEKEND OF LAUNCH are apparently Twitter and these Forums.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I literally just spent from day of launch until now uploading files to the cloud, and can presently access NONE of them on my desktop. Spinning wheels for like an hour now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

I have got some steps for you to follow.

1. Quit Lightroom CC
  2. Navigate to the catalog folder
    1. In Mac Finder, go to Pictures.  Right click on Lightroom library.lrlibrary and choose “Show Package Contents”
    2. In Windows Explorer, go to c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data
  3. You’ll see a folder with a long string of characters for the name.  Open that.
  4. Select any file that starts with “Managed Catalog” and delete or move the files to the desktop location in one single folder. Note: if you se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi miked,

I really apologise for all the trouble caused you. You will receive this error when you migrate your Lightroom CC 2015 catalog directly to Lightroom CC.

You need to first migrate your Lightroom CC 2015 catalog to Lightroom Classic CC and then from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC.

If your creative cloud plan does not allow you to install the Classic version, I would suggest you to download the trial of Lightroom Classic CC and migrate the older catalog into it and then use the Lightroom classic CC catalog to migrate in Lightroom CC

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog initially migrated from the older version without difficulty. (And if there was an message telling me I needed to update the library first, I did that.) It then spent four days uploading originals to the cloud before giving me that error message.

I have subsequently updated Classic and upgraded the library. But I can't do anything in CC right now - all I get other than that error message is a stuck spinning wheel - I even let it run all night, no go. I can't even start a migration.

Very unhappily yours,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi miked,

Lightroom CC uses the SQLite for its databases. We would like to know few more things to find the root cause of this issue.

-What platform are you using(Win/Mac)

-When exactly you see this error

-Please provide the screenshot of this error

-How much disk space you have left(local disk)

-In Lightroom CC, go to Preferences > Account and hold down the Alt key (Win) or Opt key (Mac)

1. You should see a button appear that says “Full Report”. Click that button to generate a zipped file in the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer.
  2. From that folder, right click on LrDiagnostics.zip and choose Creative Cloud > Share Link…

If you don’t see this option, make sure the Adobe Creative Cloud app is running.

3.This will open a “Send Link” web page. Click the slider to make it Public.

4.Copy the blue URL and share it with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

As a result of the forum thread and my phone call to support, there are now several people who are looking at this. As a result of that, I had already generated and shared a full report diagnostics link with an engineer via email several hours before you asked me to. I'm happy to share it with others, but not knowing what information is contained in the diagnostics report makes me reluctant to share the information on a public platform. Is there another method? (If you have access to the case system, link is also available in Case 0189422318)

For the rest:

Mac - Late 2015 27" iMac - the Retina 5K with the 3.3 GHz processor, 8 GB Ram, and 2 GB Radeon R9 card. (Stock, no customization.)

Current OS is 10.13 (High Sierra)

There is greater than a terabyte available on the local disc. (It's a 2TB internal drive machine, with little installed.)

I initially saw the error on starting the desktop app. That stopped happening eventually (after I selected "try again in 1 week" in the dialogue window with the error message), but the program is still hanging on start, with a blue wheel and no photos showing in the sidebar. When I try the Migrate Lightroom Catalog command, it lets me go through the first box (what migrating is), gives me the second ("Before you Begin") box, then hangs indefinitely on "continue." 

Attempting to import an image allows me to select an image, takes me to the review import window, then produces the error seen in the screenshot below when I click the "Add 1 Photo" button.

Attempting to create a new album produces no error message. But it also produces no new folder, either locally or one that appears via the cloud.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 8.44.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add - I tried uninstalling and reinstalling through the CC App without resolving the issue.

Of particular concern to me: this behavior is occurring on a machine that has full local storage of the images. While I like the cloud storage option, I'd also like to know that I have reliable local access to my own images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the brief information. I have forwarded this information to the concerned team.

Once I will hear from them, I will contact you.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got some steps for you to follow.

1. Quit Lightroom CC
  2. Navigate to the catalog folder
    1. In Mac Finder, go to Pictures.  Right click on Lightroom library.lrlibrary and choose “Show Package Contents”
    2. In Windows Explorer, go to c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data
  3. You’ll see a folder with a long string of characters for the name.  Open that.
  4. Select any file that starts with “Managed Catalog” and delete or move the files to the desktop location in one single folder. Note: if you see an error trying to remove any of these files, reboot the computer then try the delete again.  If any of these files are left behind, corruption is almost certain to reoccur. 
  5. Start Lightroom CC. It will sync down your images from the cloud. 

Let us know if the above steps help you fix this issue.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit, that worked perfectly and resolved my problem. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Welcome.

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit

I have the same problem, and I have spent DAYS now installing Lightroom CC, importing all my photos, and syncing them to the cloud. Most are not yet online, and even if the photos were already backed up, I am absolutely not willing to remove my whole photo catalogue from my computer and downloading 110 GB again from the cloud - under no circumstance whatsoever. Please not that I have NOT migrated my old catalogue, I have re-imported the photos from scratch.

Besides this unexpected error, it is incredibly upsetting that no matter what I do, the link for 'Real help from real people' forces me through a process that will always result in nothing but the Forums as a contact option. I've spent thousands on Adobe software over the years and I'm losing hours of work as I write this - please provide a fix that will get my photo catalogue and Lightroom working again immediately.

Thank you very much & best regards,

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding the info you asked from Mike above, to hopefully speed up a solution:

-What platform are you using(Win/Mac):

13" MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierro, 10.13.1 (latest), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

-When exactly you see this error

When trying to launch Lightroom CC

Screenshot 2017-12-03 16.13.37.png

37 GB

-In Lightroom CC, go to Preferences > Account and hold down the Alt key (Win) or Opt key (Mac)

1. You should see a button appear that says “Full Report”. Click that button to generate a zipped file in the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer.
  2. From that folder, right click on LrDiagnostics.zip and choose Creative Cloud > Share Link…

If you don’t see this option, make sure the Adobe Creative Cloud app is running.

I will add this info as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..here's the diagnostics link: https://adobe.ly/2iihx62

Please provide a fix as soon as possible. I've tried to reach out via Twitter, but was referred back to this discussion. As I mentioned above: my photos are not yet in the cloud, because Lightroom broke before it managed to sync more than ~30% of my library. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi merlins,

Sorry, this is happening, have you tried the above solution which was provided for the same issue?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I use a Mac and have just used the solution you suggested. It did allow me to open the application again, but not all of my pictures are showing any more.

When I close the Lightroom CC application and click "Show Package Contents" on my Lightroom Library, I can still find the files that are not showing in lightroom.

Do you have any idea why this is happening and what I should do about this? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.11.6. When I try to import photos from my SanDisk memory card into Lightroom CC I get the error message: "SQLite database corrupt". Note that I have no problem with the Apple Photos software - they download just fine. I never had a problem with Lightroom 6 either - only with Lightroom CC that I just purchased!

I tried to follow steps you outlined but cannot find anything called "Photos" in Finder although I do see individual photo files.

How do I import photos from a memory card into Lightroom CC? This seems to be staggeringly complicated for a function that should be virtually automatic.

Thanks,

Geoff McDade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

I am having this same issue. My library will not open, yet when I delete the files suggested above, I lose all of my photos and edits that had not finished syncing to the cloud (~4,000). This is a HUGE issue and I would appreciate an immediate response.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I can get to the folder with the long string of characters and it has all of my photographs in its subfolders. I do not say any files that are called "managed catalog" however. And if I did, I'm not sure what "...and delete or move the files to the desktop location in one single folder. " means. Is the answer really to move the catalog file to the desktop? It doesn't logically make sense to me.

Can you someone explain further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

Just followed the instructions you posted on 26-Oct-2017 23:01 to resolve a similar problem and it works.  One question, can I delete the files I moved onto the desktop?

Thanks

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rjb,

If you are talking about the "Managed Catalog.[anything] files then, yes you can delete the files from the desktop location.

Also, thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have carefully read all the thread and I am still experiencing problems with Lightroom that is not working anymore since yesterday when I updated it to the latest version.

As a valid customer, this is upsetting, time-consuming and a huge amount of money loss for my business.

Here is the problem: everytime I try to upload pics in lightroom CC version (or even if I go to the Desktop based version) and no matter if I try to upload from my Memory card or desktop of external disk, I receive the "SQLite database corrupted" error that doesn't allow me to import anything.

To what pertain the questions you posed:

-What platform are you using(Win/Mac)

Mac

-When exactly you see this error -

as soon as I open the file I want to edit, right after I push to open the added file

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 10.37.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 10.49.39 PM.png

The Opt Key is not working and I cannot access to my report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I tried to find Data but when I try to go there c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data

I have no data,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Mohit Goyal , could you please help me. I did the things above you wrote. But I still cannot open Lightroom. Thank you. IMG_0013.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't helped me.. now keeps showing me another message 

I feel kinda lost in here. I'm very upset 😞

Milena5E89_0-1598223845762.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a better solution been found to this problem?  I have uploaded more than 1tb of images to the cloud and don't want to download them again.  Comcast is already charging me data overage fees for the upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines