• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscriber to free trial..

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, im a paid up su scriber to Creative Cloud, i just tried to update my lightroom, it asked me s

To sign in and now it says Start free Trial for 30 days, like it doesn't recognise me? On the adobe website it recognises I'm paying for it, but lightroom and photoshop say otherwise...

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you Signed-In with a different Email & Password?

Are you subscribed to the "Photography Plan"?

Trials are usually 7-days only, so "30 days" is very unusual!

An what Version of "Lightroom" are you trying to update?

And is this update by using the Creative CLoud Desktop App?

Post a screen-clip of the report you see from the Lr MENU: Help>System Info...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,im useless with computers, so I’ve sent the screenshot separately,Yes Im subscribed to the photography plan, monthly, Photoshop also says it will expire but on the Adobe site it recognises that I’m a paying customer and my next payment comes out on the 28th of October,im worried that when this trial ends i won’t be able to accesss my photo Library.My Lightroom version is the same as when i first got it 6 or 7 years ago, which i think is part of the problem.Thanks for taking the time…Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots cannot be sent "separately". Insert photos using theRob_Cullen_0-1666650510349.png

icon above your post.

Are you Signed-In with the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?  If so, try signing-out then signing-in. Do you see (Open) buttons besides Lightroom-Classic in the CC Desktop App?

2022-10-25 08_34_56-Creative Cloud Desktop.jpg

"My Lightroom version is the same as when i first got it 6 or 7 years ago.."

Well that is NOT the current version of Lightroom-Classic v12- for sure. Sounds like an old perpetual version that cannot be upgraded.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 18.19.49.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-24 at 18.10.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So from your screen-clips that is Lr-(Classic) Version 2015.5.. Positively Ancient!

Also your Mac OS 10.12 will not support the latest version of Lightroom-Classic.

You need a minimum macOS Big Sur (version 11.0) or later.

Your system can only support Lr-Classic up to Version 8.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html

Version 8  aka 'LrC CC 2018' may be downloaded from-

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

2022-10-27 07_56_00-Adobe CC 2018 Direct Download Links_ Creative Cloud 2018 Release _ ProDesignTool.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help... it looks like i'll have to give up then and cancel my adobe plan, i just hope i can still keep my photos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never lose your photos!- They are not 'in' Lightroom-Classic.

When you cancel a subscription plan for LrC, the app will continue to work allowing you to access all your photos and edits in the Catalog with the Exceptions- The Develop and Map Modules are no longer available.

You can still view your photos and export derivatives from the Catalog. And even continue to do some edits in the Quick Develop panel!

BUT- This does NOT apply if you only ever had a 'Trial'. Cancel a Trial and the App is de-activated. (again- You do not lose your photos).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Rob,somewhere it said i can access my photos for a year after i cancel my subscription. ideally i would like to still use lightroom going forward on my oldish Imac but need to find a way for lightroom to work on it,i had trouble getting the 2018 version of lightroom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The suggestion "access my photos for a year after i cancel my subscription." is for Lightroom (The CLOUD and Mobile Versions) where your photos ARE stored in Adobe Cloud storage. It is not for Lightroom-Classic where YOU store your photos locally.

So now I am confused as to what "Lightroom" version you are using.

Show us some screen-clips of your Lightroom full-screen interface- then we might know what we are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines