• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync - can I prioritize the order when on SLOW connection?

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LR CC ... I'm travelling in remote areas and often there's only a very slow/low-bandwidth connection...

I'm importing photos on my laptop .. can edit even before the photos are synced to the cloud (luckily!) ... but I want to post my best shots in a shared album.. and don't want to wait until ALL the photos are uploaded.

Is there some way to 'bias" the sync order?

Can I choose a set of the photos that are shown when I filter by "syncing" and give a command to PAUSE SYNC on a subset of them?   (eg. I'll select all the 3-star and below photos and "pause sync")

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there's nothing like a "selective pause" function. Syncing is global, and it's either active or paused.

However, I'm pretty sure that the desktop version will prioritise uploads when there's a clear differential between them....and star ratings are one obvious differentiator. So try giving your best photos a higher rating than any of the others that are in the upload pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines