• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing high quality between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom mobile on iPad

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iPad I have Lightroom setting Only Download Smart Previews set to off.

Today I loaded 3 raw into Lightroom on m iPad.  Later i went to my iMac desktop and opened Lightroom Classic and there are my raw files synced.  Next I edited all 3 files in Photoshop and they where sent back to Lightroom Classic and put them into a collection that syncs to the iPad.

They did sync and I see them on my iPad however the quality does not match what I see on the desktop.

I ended up exporting these 3 psd files as full resolution jpgs from Lightroom Classic and then airdropped them to m iPad.  The quality of these images look good.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing Collections from Classic to the Cloud only syncs lower res Smart Previews.

Depending on what else you are using Classic for, could not also install the Cloud Based Lightroom on your computer and edit in Photoshop from there? Then they would be in the Cloud at full resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's sad.  I have 1tb of Adobe Cloud space available, so would be nice if there was an option to get those files to my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you not use Lightroom (not Classic) on the Desktop and Edit in Photoshop from there.

This would then automatically store the high res in the Cloud when it saves back to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd have to read up on Lightroom Cc. If it is free or additional subscription. How to work with it and my Lightroom Classic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you have the 1TB Photography Plan, then Lightroom Desktop would be included.

Think of it as Lightroom Mobile for Desktop (with a few more features). It does keep its own internal catalog locally but generally you wouldn't touch this. It's mainly contains the local cache (the amount of cache can be set in the preferences if you want to save HD space).

The full res files remain in the Cloud, but are downloaded locally for certain functions (including editing in Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines