• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TemporaryEdits files in Lightroom Library.library folder - Safe to delete?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Need your advice on the below. I use Lightroom (cloud) and Photoshop apps in my macOS Big Sur.

I always open my Lightroom photos (Cloud) in Photoshop through "Edit in Photoshop" in order to save them as jpg with a specific file size. I then use the Photoshop "Save For Web" feature and save my images in .jpg at a specific KB size. After I export my photos through Photoshop, I exit Photoshop (I hit "don't save changes").

This means that the files created in the TemporaryEdits folder within Lightroom Library.library folder don't get deleted automatically since I'm not returning the photos to Lightroom. This has caused my TemporaryEdits folder to be really large (over 80GB) in my Mac.

My question is: Is it safe if I manually delete the photos in the TemporaryEdits folder to free up disk space? Will this cause any issues with my Lightroom photos? The files in the TemporaryEdits have different file names than my Lightroom photos (the ones in the temporaryedits folder have "-Edit" in the file name).

Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?