• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download shared photos/albums.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have got an issue. After sharing photos from Lightroom to my clients they are unable to download the images. Before sharing under settings I always enable "allow JPG downloads and export". 
I am using the latest vesion of Lr on an iMac macOS BIG Sur Version 11.6 

Any advice would be very much appriciated. 

Thanks and regards, 

Zita

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you 'Share' a link to an Album of photos and Invite people, Have you tried yourself to open the link in a Web Browser?

2021-10-23 13_28_00-SpectrumDialog.jpg

In Web Browser view your client should be able to click the three-dots icon [...] to Download either a single file (from single image view) or Download a ZIP file of all photos (from grid view).

2021-10-23 13_30_53-Window.jpg

Attached is a text file of Instructions I give to Clients-

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rob_Cullen,

Thank you for your reply.

If I open the shared link in my Web Browser I am able to download the image/images - however, it only allows me because the computer I am using is recognising my login to the system (Lr) therfore it lets me to download as a logged in person/account. I hope it make sense.

When I send the shared link to another person/costumer they are unable to download the photos either individual pictures or a zip file. If they click on the three dots on the top right corner the options are only “View" or “Report Abuse".

Lr worked for me prfectly and it let me share & download photos up until approximatley 5 mounts ago. Ever since I am unable to share and download... Since I've been using usb stick, drop box, email etc to share my images (sadly they are not always the most elagant way to present purchased images). I've spent countless hours to try to find answers on google and youtube for this problem...

Another peculiar thing - when I am sharing my album/images in LR and I click on “Done” (it doesn't allow to download after sharing the link) I go back again in Lr to "Get a Link" Lr didn't save my previous customizations - for example "Title", "Author", "Theme", "Appearance and under settings "Allow JPG downloads and share".

I am absolutely puzzled and I've arrived to the point when I am expecting a large amount of customers in the next few weeks which will require me to be able to present them with a professional downloadable shared link with images.

I hope there will be solution for this issue. If you have any questions I am happy to provide more details - any further help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Zita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this-

Go to Lightroom-Web in your Web browser (sign in if it isn't already)-

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

1) Click on the [Share Settings] icon-

2021-10-24 12_17_57-Window.jpg  

2) In the 'Link Access' field: select [Anyone can view]  in the context menu dropdown-

2021-10-24 12_18_10-Shared Test — Mozilla Firefox.jpg  

3) Copy the link to the clipboard-

2021-10-24 12_18_25-Shared Test — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

4) Send this link to your clients.

eg.  https://adobe.ly/2LcgALI

Then anyone with the link can view the Album.

Note that in Lightroom-Web you also have a menu to design the screen that 'Displays' for your Client. Using a selection of options-

2021-10-24 12_24_50-Lightroom.jpg    2021-10-24 12_25_17-Shared Test — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines