• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undocking adjustment and film strip panels

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am returning to Lightroom and Photoshop after several years using different editors. Since I work with two monitors I had my previous editors set up with undocked adjustments and, when possible, film strip panels to make best use of both monitors. I have done the same with Photoshop but can't find any way to undock the Lightroom panels and/or filmstrip. Is it possible to do that? If so, how?

I work on a Silicon Mac if that is important.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the position of the LrC Develop panels in the stack, but they cannot be undocked (i.e. float).

To change the panel position you need to right-mouse click on any of the right side panel headers, then choose 'Customize Develop Panels...'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fogot to attach below screenshot of the Customisation panel in my earlier post. 

There's also an option to swap the left and right side panels (i.e. put the Develop sliders, etc in left panel track and History, Snapshots, etc on the right). This is done in the 'Interface' tab of LrC preferences.

customize develop panels.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood your post correctly you were saying that I could change the order of the adjustments on the right side of the LRc screen, but when I right-click on a heading I don't get the option you mentioned. Instead all I get are Reset and a choice of Normal or Compact, which I assume refers to the print size of the headings. I see no Customize option.

There is also a Layout option, but it is disabled and so can't be selected. I am working on an M2 Mac running Ventura. I would assume that made no difference, but perhaps that is why I don't see what you are mentioning? Or perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are trying to tell me?

LR Panel.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is for Lightroom Classic, hence my response. Your screenshot is for Lightroom Desktop, which is cloud centric, and doesn't support customisation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake. I thought Lightroom on a desktop computer was Lightroom Classic.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem. It happens pretty much every day.

If you wish, I can move the thread to the correct forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines