• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using LR on iPad and Synching to LR on an iMac at Home

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this earlier and don't think I explained fully, so....

I want to use LR on my iPad as I travel and have it sync to my LR on my iMac at home. I'd use Classic at home and moble on my iPad.

My thinking is:

that I would set up a folder on my machine at home and sync it to my iPad. 

Images that I take on the trip would be put into the sync'd folder on my iPad, edit and label them and, hopefully, magically, they would show up in my folder at home.

I store my images on an external HD at home. How would I get those files onto my external, while maintaining any edits, keywords etc??

Thank You, 

Warren

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is as simple as this-

1) In Lightroom-Classic (at home) open the Preferences > Lightroom Sync Tab

2) Specify  [Choose] a Location, and option for sub-folders, for the downloading af ALL Cloud files.

2022-08-04 09_26_56-Preferences.jpg

3)  [Start Syncing] in the Cloud icon of LrC

2022-08-04 09_28_43-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Ta Da!- Images magically appear in the chosen folder in LrC.

Note: Keywords could be a problem!- Not all metadata syncs Cloud > Local. Leave the Keywording until at home.

NO KEYWORD SYNC

SYNC SETUP IN CLASSIC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!
Got that part all sorted out, next step is how do I get the files into my RAID?

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would think that your "raid' would show as a connected hard-drive, AND you set a Folder on the Raid as the Destination for the download location in the LrC Preferences >Lightroom Sync tab.

If they downloaded to an internal drive, then you would use LrC folder panel to move them to the Raid.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines