Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Using ProRaw .dng semantic maps

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any plans to use the semantic maps included in iPhone ProRaw .dng for better edits? Like the AI detected mask of a person or de depth map to make a local adjustment? Adobe worked with apple on the DNG 1.6 spec to support it, it's in the photo, but the data isn't used as far as I can tell.

ProRaws still look better in the Apple Photos app than in LR thanks to these, I think Apple does local adjustments in the dng like when a person is detected.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who knows the answer would be unable to tell you - it would breach their NDAs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't think about that. I thought I might have missed a feature in some corner and was ready to be schooled. 

I'll try again post-MAX 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: Adobe did release masking features in Lightroom but isn't reading embedded ProRaw depth maps or Apple generated semantic maps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines