Copied

In LR mobile is it possible to view file names while in library view

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in grid view a two-finger tap on the grid will display an information overlay on each thumbnail. Continue to two-finger tap and it will cycle through the 6 different overlay states, one of which is "Hide all overlays" and another one will include the filename.

When in Edit or Rate & Review modes, a two-finger tap cycles the info view between Off, Histogram, Photo Info. And when Photo Info is being displayed, a single-finger tap cycles between various info states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why but when i 2 finger tap in library mode it takes that photo to edit mode, when I 2 finger tap in edit mode it enlarges the photo. It does the exact same thing either way as single finger tapping, there does not appear to be any different 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we both talking about LR for ipad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are. Are you sure you are doing it correctly? The events you describe occur when I double-tap with a single finger, whereas the cycling through the info overlays in grid view is supposed to be controlled by a single tap with two fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I'm not sure of anything!

yes I totally understand what a single tap with two fingers is, it just isn't happening, I have tried 3 fingers double tapping with 2 fingers, 1 finger all it does is take me to edit mode.  I have the latest update for ipad etc.  I was quite proficient at LR for desktop 10 years ago was proficient at photoshop also just trying to get a grasp on the cloud based and it's not easy for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the App Settings>Import tab which details the various Gestures and Shortcuts and the "Toggle info in grid and loupe views" should be at the top of the list, and it should say "2-finger tap".

Assuming that's correct, you could temporarily enable the "Show touches" option in the Interface section at the bottom of that panel. That briefly shows a red circle whenever a gesture is made, so with that enabled you should be able to see for sure that your two-finger tap is being registered as two separate fingers (and try a thumb and a finger, as that still counts as two fingers, and may be easier to see the two circles when you tap).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sticking with me....  I found the app settings and the input it is set for 2 finger tap.  I selected the show touches switch and regardless of what i did it would only show one tap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I can only assume that there's something in your iPad's settings which is inhibiting a two-finger tap, but have no clue as to what that could be.

Can you tell us what version of iPad (and OS level) you are using, and also tell us what version of Lightroom Mobile you are running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out....  Stupid me!  I have been using a "magic" keyboard from apple $350 and it doesn't recognize the 2 finger tap.  Applying it directly to the ipad works.  Thank you so much!

One more question, is there a way to enlarge the font i can hardly read it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Glad it's sorted.

I'm not aware of any option to enlarge the font size of the Info Overlays. I had thought that it would maybe enlarge when using one of the larger thumbnail size, but it doean't appear to be the case.

Maybe make a feature request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines