• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Was passiert beim überschreiten der 20 GB ?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo zusammen
Ich habe mal eine Frage wie es Lightroom --- Lightroom Classic handhabt wenn ich das Cloudspeicher limit überschreite.

Kurze Erklärung zu meinem Workflow:

Ich arbeite eigentlich am PC mit Lightrrom Classic, und habe das Fotoabo Lightrrom Classic+Lightroom+20GB Cloud. 
Unterwegs lade ich die Raws dierkt von der Kamera ins IPAD Pro, sortiere und bearbeite ein wenig auf dem Ipad usw.
Zurück am PC nehme ich die Fotos aus dem synchronisierten Ordner und lege sie im Ordnersystem von LR Classic ab, dann habe ich die Raws in meinem Classic Katalog und kann sie vernünftig bearbeiten (ohne die unnötigen Einschränkungen von Lightroom !). Ausserdem werden die Bilder dann in meinen regelmässigen Backups auch gesichert.

Was passiert nun wenn ich auf dem Ipad Pro mehr als 20 GB an Fotos einlese ?
Ich gehe mal davon aus das Lightroom zunächst einmal die ersten 20GB in die Cloud synchronisiert bis se voll ist ... und dann ?
Angenommen ich schalte nach der Reise meinen PC ein und verschiebe die ganzen 20 GB aus dem Synchronisierten Ordner in meinen Katalog, synchronisiert Lightroom danach weiter, kann ich also in 20 GB Schritten trotzdem alle Raws vom IPAD auf meinen PC bekommen ?

TOPICS
iPadOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

I'll clarify this for you. There are a few points.

• Lightroom mobile & Lightroom Desktop (non-classic) sync the full-size raw file to the cloud at Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com)
  • Lightroom Classic downloads the full-size raw image to the system as, by design, Lightroom Classic needs access to the full-size image at all times.
  • When you max out the 20GB cloud storage, Lightroom on the iPad will pause syncing to the cloud. You can free up space from the cloud to continue syncing or upg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll clarify this for you. There are a few points.

• Lightroom mobile & Lightroom Desktop (non-classic) sync the full-size raw file to the cloud at Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com)
  • Lightroom Classic downloads the full-size raw image to the system as, by design, Lightroom Classic needs access to the full-size image at all times.
  • When you max out the 20GB cloud storage, Lightroom on the iPad will pause syncing to the cloud. You can free up space from the cloud to continue syncing or upgrade the storage in your plan.

You can learn more about the sync ecosystem here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

As a test, once an image is synced to Lightroom Classic, you can try deleting the photo from Lightroom Web & the locally downloaded copy should still be available in Lightroom Classic. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of this is exactly my workflow.
On location i load the raws to my Ipad. At home i download the raw files from "synched with lightroom" Folder an delete them.
I have the fullsize raw in my Lightroom Classic file structure and the cloud space and my Ipad is empty again. 

I just didn't know what happens if i put more than 20 GB on my Ipad, up to now this did never happen but this year my grilfriend and me planning a bigger journey so 20 GB could be a litte short.
Upgrading my Cloudspace is not possible because i have a prepaid my account for a year

Just to clarify:
For example: I shoot 100 GB of data an load them into Lightroom on my Ipad. The Cloud is full and Lightroom stops synching.
At home i get the first 20 GB, download them and delete them in the synched Folder.
After this Lightroom on my Ipad will go on and will synch the next 20 GB until the Cloud is full ... i do the same, download an delete ... 5 Times until all 100 GB will be save in my Lightroom classic catalogue at home ?
Is it this how Lightroom will handle it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines