• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is export original + setting?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the export original + settings? I see that when it saves, there is an .XMP file with each photo? Thanks for your help! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Original + Settings means Lightroom will export the original file plus the edits in an XMP sidecar file if the original is raw. If the original is DNG or some RGB format (jpg, tiff, psd) then the settings will be saved in the metadata of the original file itself, so no sidecar file. As you already noticed, Lightroom Classic and other Adobe products will read those settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom Classic? Or some other software?

I am not aware of "original + settings" as an export option in Lightroom Classic. Where do you see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find such a setting either. But the OP states there is a .xmp, so it seems to be the setting. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had an "epiphany" (haha). I decided to import the exported folder into LRC and sure enough, the edits were applied to the older photos! (The screenshot I sent came from LR, not Classic if that helps.) Thanks so much for your responses! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is in Lightroom for the PC. I'm migrating from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic. I want to make sure I can import older photos that I've edited in Lightroom (and lightroom IOS) that are not synced because I'm out of space. I came across this option and wanted to see if that option "+ settings" is what I"m looking for. Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original + Settings means Lightroom will export the original file plus the edits in an XMP sidecar file if the original is raw. If the original is DNG or some RGB format (jpg, tiff, psd) then the settings will be saved in the metadata of the original file itself, so no sidecar file. As you already noticed, Lightroom Classic and other Adobe products will read those settings.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines