• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did my images go ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed LR CC yesterday next to the previous Lightroom CC. New LR CC opened and showed a lot of images from the past 15 years. After using it for a while I could see that it was synchronizing some 5500 images with the cloud. The problem is that I should have around 140000 images!

How is LR CC choosing images ? These seem to be all the images from my recent work in LR ( stored on my laptop) and a random selection of just a few of the other images that are on my network storage. What is going on and how do I add the missing images?

Steve

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

You want to be EXTREMELY careful in mixing Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC. my advise is when checking out CC to NOT migrate your catalog especially if you have a lot of images. If you do, it will start syncing them all to the cloud killing your space on there and worse if you leave sync on in the classic lightroom, you will end up with multiple duplication of images. You should only migrate if you are really wanting to commit to the cloud world. Also if you have used Lightroom 2015/6 and are

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they Photos you have previously synced from Lr Desktop to Lr Mobile?

And thus are associated with your 'cloud' account already.

If you want your whole Catalog to be in Lr CC you'll have to Migrate.

You may NOT want to do this. There are many videos etc. for you to make the right choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What most likely happened is you ran out of cloud storage. Click on the cloud icon at the top right and confirm that you have not run out of storage. Upgrades to 1TB of storage or more are available if needed.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 1.02.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to be EXTREMELY careful in mixing Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC. my advise is when checking out CC to NOT migrate your catalog especially if you have a lot of images. If you do, it will start syncing them all to the cloud killing your space on there and worse if you leave sync on in the classic lightroom, you will end up with multiple duplication of images. You should only migrate if you are really wanting to commit to the cloud world. Also if you have used Lightroom 2015/6 and are used to it, you need to know that Lightroom CC is NOT the logical evolution of Lightroom, it is a new product built from the ground up. You should think of it as Adobe bringing the iOS/Android versions of Lightroom to the desktop. The logical evolution of Lightroom 2015/6 is Lightroom Classic.

I would only recommend Lightroom CC to new users and to users that want a cloud solution next to a desktop solution and know what they are doing. Adobe should really have called Lightroom CC something completely different and not used Lightroom in the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is the case that my images have migated to "The Cloud" how do I access them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines