• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have Creative Cloud and Adobe Lightroom?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting to work with LR I came across "Creative Cloud" and since it was part of my package, Ive been playing around with it.  If my pictures are on the LR Cloud System, what is the purpose/why do you need C Cloud for?  Why have the same pix downloaded in both locations?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to clarify your post a little, as it's not clear exactly what you are using.

"Creative Cloud" is an umbrella term for the many Adobe applications which are available via one of the many different subscription plans. There's a universal Creative Cloud Desktop app which effectively manages the installation/removal of whichever Adobe apps are included in your specific subscription plan. As you have mentioned "Lightroom" it's reasonable to infer that you have one of the two main Adobe subscription plans which include one or both of the two different "Lighroom" desktop applications. There is the "Photography Plan" which includes Lightroom Classic (the latest version of the "traditional" Lightroom under which all images files are stored and managed via local disk drive storage) and the relatively newer version, called simply Lightroom or Lightroom Desktop, under which all images are stored and managed via the Adobe cloud-based storage. The plan also includes Photoshop and the Lightroom Mobile applications for smartphones and tablets, and also includes 20GB of cloud storage. The idea of including both versions of Lightroom in this plan is primarily to allow existing Classic users to see if they might prefer to switch to the cloud-based storage of Lightroom Desktop....it's not really intended that the user would use both.

The other plan, called simply the Lightroom Plan, includes only the Lightroom Desktop app, plus the Lr Mobile apps, and also includes 1TB of cloud storage. This plan is mainly intended for those new users who do not want the complexities of Lightroom Classic and its file management requirements.

So....which plan have you bought? If you bought the Photography Plan, which "Lightroom" have you started to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Lightroom Plan w/ 1TB of Storage.

Already have about 2K photos and spent a little time organizing with albums & folders.  So, when I put on the Creative Cloud and I downloaded a couple photos, it didnt make any sense to me to have both?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I put on the Creative Cloud and I downloaded a couple photos,

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what that means. Can you tell me exactly what you did, and what you were trying to achieve when you did it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Creative Cloud Files storage pool? If you are, then I agree that it makes little sense to store the same images in both pools....unless you specifically want to use the file sharing function of the Creative Cloud Files system. 

When using Lightroom, images are stored in the Adobe Cloud within your designated storage space. That storage forms PART of your overall cloud storage allowance (1TB in your case). However, there is a separate element of that overall cloud storage allowance which can be used to store any type of file, not just image files. This element operates on a Dropbox-like basis, i.e. the contents are stored locally, synced to the cloud, and downloaded to any other of your devices which run the Creative Cloud app, and also can be shared with other people. 

I rarely put any of my image content in my Creative Cloud files, but I often use it for storing and sharing other types of data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Wilde 

The OP is talking about the annoying Creative Cloud Files which shows up in Windows Explorer. I have advocated for a few years to get rid of this. Not only does it clutter up Windows Explorer (I did find the registry entry to at least remove it), but it also runs constantly and is just plain bloatware.

This should be a separate app, and optionally installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP is talking about the annoying Creative Cloud Files which shows up in Windows Explorer.

The OP is using MacOS...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missed that, same issue though. Clutters Finder/Spot light and provides no value that I have ever seen.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about MacOS like you tagged, or are you perhaps talking about the Creative Cloud app for iOS?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a screenshot of what you are talking about? Are you talking about the Creative Cloud app? or the Creative Cloud folder?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines