• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does LR import pictures in reverse order?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I import images into LR, they show up in reverse order. So if I want to rename them when I export, they end up in reverse order in the destination folder, which is annoying for example when dealing with images from an event. Also, when I am working on a timelapse and would like to use the export to also fix any numbering issues, this creates a problem. I end up having to reverse the direction of the video to have it turn out right in the end. Is there a way to just import in the correct order?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang, no replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No Replies"- yes look likes the original post was overlooked!

Anyhow- All Operating Systems do not have an inherent Sort Order. Files are imported and stored randomly (on disk-drive or in the Cloud) with no respect to a Sort Order.

It is software that can Sort files as you want to see them. You might want 'by Date', 'Capture Time', 'File Size', etc. Even File Browsers (Windows File Explorer, Mac Finder) can show files sorted in varying ways.

In Lightroom-Desktop v4.1  (used on a PC or Mac) the Sort Option can be changed from the icon below the window, (a Down-Arrow beside the 3 lines) and you can 'Reverse' the Sort Order there also-

ScreenShot314.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh lol, new to the interface. Does this also happen in Lr-Classic as well or no please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does! With many more Sort Options.

ScreenShot316.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok, Thanks so much WobertC. Really appreciate it, take care during these unprecedented times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issue. I was creating Post for My website Beyoung. And Whenever I import images into LR, they show up in reverse order. Please Help Me and resolve my problem asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you scroll up down you see the previous replies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except the default setting in Lightroom is by "capture date." The photos are numbered inherently from 001 to, say, 350, so the number order is there, and the capture date in the exif data is pretty clearly in chronological order. So when Lightroom imports all the photos in the opposite of the order it says it's supposed to, when literally everything about the files can't make it more clear what the order is, it sparks athe (as yet unanswered) question. Okay, sure, we can manually reorder them with the selections...but why does Lightroom always import them backwards? Seems like a pretty simple concept to me.

Respectfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same issue. I am able to import my image that I am creating for my site octave, but when I export the image it is showing in reverse order. Stuck in this problem. How can I export the images in sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. I was trying to create a post for my website thalasi, but all of my images are showing up in reverse order. Can you help me resolve this problem as soon as possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So many questions, so few answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines