• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is lightroom so slow??

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been really struggling with lightroom on my computer recently. I have Lightroom on my windows laptop, and everything I've read online about speeding it up is meant for Lightroom classic not Lightroom. 

I've done everything I can. I have more space than necessary and more than all suggested minimum requirements but more and more lightroom is not functioning. It's just so damn slow. I thought that as Lightroom stores images in the cloud and not locally that it shouldn't slow it down, but does the cloud slow it down? And does anyone know is Lightroom Classic faster than Lightroom?

i really need some good solutions here cause it's driving me insane.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact name and version of the app you are posting about?
LrC v12,.2

or

Lr v6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr V6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADMIN/MODERATOR

Please relocate the above posting to Lightroom Ecosystem (Cloud Based)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

just to understand what you mean with "slow" is it slow on opening the photos from the cloud or is it slow when editing pictures?

When downloading it could be a slower internet connection. If its slow when you editing it also can be that there are several other processes on your computer like downloads, Streams, etc. that slows the Computer down. If you have more than enough Memory and a likely newer Computer with fast processor that should be nor problem. Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me! It's slow with editing and exporting. I actually deleted everything but my adobe services on my laptop in the hope that that would help but it hasn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you enable local previews or store originals on disk?

To edit and export, depending on the resolution, LrD will need either the smartpreview or the original image. If they are not present, then they have to be downloaded on the fly. 

For storing local previews, you have two options.

1. In the preferences, store a copy of all images locally.

2. Right click on a specific album and select store a copy locally.

In terms of performance while editing, LrD and LrC effectively the same. They are both using the same Adobe Camera Raw engine. I believe this also applie to exports, but not positive.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines