• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Windows) Lightroom Masking and Vignette issues

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select subject option under masking on the desktop version is not working lately for me. It doesnt select anything after showing its trying to select for a while so I end up using radial gradient. Also the Vignette on the desktop version doesnt shade the corners dark, any advice would be greatly appreciated. fyi yes my software is upto date.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Could you please share the version of Lightroom & the operating system you are working on? Does the select subject & vignette not work with a specific set or range of files? What type of images do you work with? RAW or JPEG?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Try the following suggestions and let us know if selections work better.

• Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Perfor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Could you please share the version of Lightroom & the operating system you are working on? Does the select subject & vignette not work with a specific set or range of files? What type of images do you work with? RAW or JPEG?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Try the following suggestions and let us know if selections work better.

• Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it off if it is on Custom or Auto.

Please click on this link (https://lightroom.app.link/5Pdyw272qpb) to begin a tutorial from the Learn tab on Adobe Lightroom; you can continue to edit the image and test the Select Subject tool.

Similarly, follow this tutorial for Vignetting within Lightroom: https://lightroom.app.link/8iaqhgmZbsb

Let us know if this helps,
Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,
I use V 11 and raw images. The settings adjustment you provided under
preferences worked.
Thank you!
A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I have the same problem but the settings adjustment you provided under
preferences didn't work. Is there any other way to solve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines