• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to sync Stacks

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to sync stacks between devices in Lightroom CC. I don't mean the photos, I mean the fact they are in a stack. I sorted loads of photos into stacks on my Mac and figured they'ed be stacked on my iPad but they are not.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
43 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, Lightroom CC for iOS does not support stacks.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, interesting. Might be a good thing, I figured they had a reason for not syncing them but this way when they do add them hopefully they’ll sync by default. Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit photos in Photoshop via Lightroom CC desktop app the two photos are stacked. When I view this on the mobile app all my images are no longer stacked so it’s difficult to recognise which is the final edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fer me, it are the panoramas (and HDR) where the stacks are the most useful. I sometimes take a majority of panoramas on a shoot and it ends up with a ton of pictures. A workaround is the use of filters or keywords. Oh, wait. Not the keywords

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also often process HDR or panorama pictures, so I use stacks verz often. But it is a mess on mobile then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is a HUGE pain for me in my workflow as I often (90% of the time) prefer to do my retouching and final edits in Photoshop so almost all my photos have stacks of two.

It is a big mess on mobile seeing duplicates (that aren't stacked) all over the place...can only imagine how that must be with HDRs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up! This is really a big omission in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a year without any response, so I guess we can forget about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dwbmb, the only thing you can do is comment, upvote. "They" know what's better for the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If "They" know what's better this whole site is useless then, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many request or bugs have been resolved lately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Lightroom CC was introduced, Adobe made it clear that Lightroom CC would be the cloud centric version and Lightroom Classic would be the desktop centric version. They also said that as a result, the sync features in Lightroom Classic would be frozen. No features would be removed, but none would be added either.

Of course that doesn't mean you can't log a feature request in this forum for a new sync feature in Lightroom Classic, but I guess it means that you already had your answer a year ago.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you said, Adobe has made it clear (well have they? Is there any official comm besides Queens speeches and Champion’s voices?) they won’t improve sync capabilities witch classic.

But don’t blame the users for making It clear too they don’t accept this attitude and hope for better sync capabilities with classic. We’re not bashing Adobe, but try and hope for a better product. Adobe should be grateful for the feedback provided by the users, and they should have a little respect for their clients paying the full price.
They should also be aware LR is not the sole player on this market anymore, and competition is working very hard to provide very very good alternatives. Adobe has some advance in the field but should not sleep on it!

The only field where LR has an significant advantages over competitors is prcicely sync capabilities with portable devices. Keep it as basic and bugged as it is right now is a blessing for competition. Just wait for Tony Northrup or other popular influencers to test and like another soft and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not blaming anyone for asking this. I would love to see improvements myself. I’m just telling you what the situation is, so you don’t get any false hope.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhu. I've been using LR for long enough to kind of don't have any hopes anymore. I'm just warning Adobe about what might happen in the future. But I guess they know the market and the risks much better than the custommers do. I'll survive without them and they will whithout me, no doubts about that 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After that year you are the first one even mentioning LR Classic version. No one in this topic cares about Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Lightroom CC for the desktop (not Classic) has the ability to stack photos. This forum is requesting that Lightroom Mobile support the feature of Lightroom CC desktop (not Classic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this ever be implemented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Enhanced Details feature, that automatically creates stack of original and enhanced photo, this becomes important more then ever. On the mobile devices all photos with Enhanced Details are duplicated now since the stacks are not being synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, the new feature would introduce cluttering on mobile.

Perhaps uploading library stack details to the cloud must be implemented, so mobile can download that data. — If the desktop and mobile teams are separate, that could’ve been the holdup. Regardless, hopefully now with the new feature this will be given priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It would be great to have stacks everywhere including web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe, add stacking... Unify platforms, don't forget about Apple TV app..
It was bundled with other iOS apps, I thought it's a good sign of things to come, bi-monthly updates to the TV App, but nothing has changed.. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up! syncing stacks is really missing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,