• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Assign People tags to pictures that were missed

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the indexing has been completed and Lightroom CC has found all the potential faces, it would be nice to have the ability to add People Tags to pictures that were "missed" where no faces were recognized.  The idea of People Tags is to be able to search for people and generate all potential results.  Right now it's messy because you have to resort to keyword tags to identify people that were missed with facial recognition and makes searching and cataloging a tedious task.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Just to wade in here to support Rikk and Victoria -- I am a Product Manager on the Lightroom team.  We work with Rikk to review this forum including feature requests.  We definitely hear you that we can make improvements both in the face detection tech as well as supporting manual face selection.  We do use the feedback and votes to help determine our priorities, so please know that you are being listened to.  

Additionally, I guess when we migrated forum data, we ended up marking some feature

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 176 Replies 176
176 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will only see the "People" section listed above Keywords, when the Keywords panel is showing, IF the facial recognition software has in fact detected one or more faces in that selected image. So, if you have an image that contains faces, but there are no faces listed above the keywords when you display the Keywords panel, then that would mean that the face recognition software has failed to detect the face. In that situation, there is nothing you can do at this time, as it is not possible to manually draw a face region.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the old feedback forum, there was an idea posted to allow uses to tag images with "people" but not draw a region.

The current hack solution is to duplicate the data by having people in keywords when fatial fails to regonize, and also in people. This cause problems in the search aspect when looking later due ot how teh search engine works.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/lightroom-desktop-tag-undetecte... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your response. I don't want to draw anything to help the face recognition module to do his job. It's not gonna do it...All I wanna do, is to have the hability to manually match some photos (with no face recognition results) to persons. It will allow me to find the photos of my children even during the days of Halloween !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Patbeau 

In the joined thread, that is the thrust of the conversation; being able to track images against the people feature; even when Sensai fails to find the individual.

I did break it down into more details above of the value for specific parts of the functionality if you are very curious..

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the rational behind this being declined?  Please be specific.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dank87557784 

Make sure to upvote the issue.

Adobe often states they look at the number of upvotes an issue gets ot find the importance of it. And besides ranting on here, this is really the only thing we can do. So upvote it, and get your friends to also!

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure you're answering my question.  Why would this be marked as "Declined" if there wasn't internal discussion where the functionality was considered and rejected?  I'm asking specifically why the status was changed to "Declined"?  Given that this functionality is available in other similar Adobe products, this entry has been open for at least three years, and most people taking the time to post stated they would not use the application until the issue was addressed, I'm curious specifically what the issue was with incorporating this functionality into the product.

Also, for future reference, is there internal review criteria that we customers should be aware of?  As a user of the Adobe Support Community area, I would like to understand the Upvote thresholds for my entries to get any sort of visibility.  Is this entry close....like 110 votes gets another re-assessment...or is the criteria 1000, or 10,000, or 100,000 upvotes before this would be re-assessed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I do not work for Adobe, I cannot answer any of those questions.

However, I have seen Adobe respond to customer pressure and interest. So, Adobe employees have stated multiple times the way to get visibility of an issue is to upvote it.

So, that is all we can do, unless you have connections others of us do not.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies Tim, I should be specific...I'm asking this of Adobe, and specifically, Rikk Flohr, or another Adobe employee that is being notified of these updates.  I've Upvoted this issue and others, but don't know that it really makes a difference.  The person that started this three years ago KNOWS it doesn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dank87557784 

No issue.

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 

Any chance at an answer. And since you (or another Adobe employee) merged all these threads together, has the answer changed?

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If/When an answer changes, the thread will be updated and the status changed. 

The threads are merged to give a single source for Product Management to evaluate feature requests.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is very simple: photos that contain clear faces remain unrecognized.

Moreover, there is no way to inform lightroom that a specific photo contains a face.

Unfortunately, the face recognition feature is unreliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this? You merged my post in a general thread about face recognition and problem solved?

Nice customer support. You know that we pay for this product, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@georgiosa42941452 Sorry, I think that was me, and my extra bit of blurb explaining why didn't get included. This is the feature request thread for the feature that you are requesting - the ability to manually add people tags to faces that were missed. You can add your vote using the button in the top right corner. The number of votes on a feature request does influence future additions, so every vote counts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as you can see, I mentioned a problem in my post "photos that contain clear faces remain unrecognized". And there a lot of photos that are left out.

Aren't you going to solve or at least commnet on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a known issue since at least Oct, 2018.  Referring to my previous post, what is the criteria for an issue getting visibility in front of decision makers?  This functionality was declined and now does not have a status. What was the discussion around going from Declined to No Status. Is the issue being analyzed?  How is Adobe planning to address this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to wade in here to support Rikk and Victoria -- I am a Product Manager on the Lightroom team.  We work with Rikk to review this forum including feature requests.  We definitely hear you that we can make improvements both in the face detection tech as well as supporting manual face selection.  We do use the feedback and votes to help determine our priorities, so please know that you are being listened to.  

Additionally, I guess when we migrated forum data, we ended up marking some features as "Declined" which sets the wrong expectation of never considering.  This work is indeed under consideration for future releases.  I asked to update that info, so apologies if there is confusion here.

Hopefully that clears things up.  Please keep the feedback coming.

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@peter-b 

Nice to see you baking up Rikk and Victoria. So we can blame you for the feature request languashing for more than four years? 🙂

Honestly, break it down. We do not need everything solved, but we do need a way to handle cleanly getting around failures in the AI people features. And duplicating names in Keywords is not clean.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do have some investigation in this area, but don't have anything ready to share yet. 

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal is to get all my photos into the LR cloud ecostructure.  After reading through this thread I've determined the AI people tagging system is a fun idea for the marketing team to push but useless unless you can manually add people tags and combine people tags.  So my solution I think is to use regular tags for people and embedding those tags into my exif in windows before uploading to the LR cloud.  I have also discovered that descriptive filenames aren't a help as LR won't search for a piece of text within a filename.  So tags seem to be the best way to accomplish this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is January 2022.  Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really do not understand your product management philosophy ... deleting essential features like manual face selection when creating a newer version of the product.  It is MANUAL for crying out loud.  Grab the old routine and get a summer intern to stick it into the next release.
I spent 3 WEEKS migrating from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC.  Your synch logic is atrocious.  Spent more hours talking with support than my family.  Had to restart many times, delete synch record files.
Then... once all my files are in place... SO MANY FEATURES MISSING?!?!  What is going on?  It's like Ford saying hey, we have this new clean electric car... but it drives like a model T.
I don't know if Adobe mangement have lost their minds of if Adobe product development hired programers don't work with photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fileanames can be searched

Votes

Translate

Translate