• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Compare Photos and Survey Mode

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really miss the ability to pick 1-2-3 similar photos from a shoot and compare them during my editing process to pick the beset one of the three.

Please bring that back to this version.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

This request remains open for the Survey View functionality

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
78 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES - very important feature lacking in Lightrooom CC. Also smart albums. Two basic features in Classic that should be in CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to use Lightroom CC as my cloud based photo library app, but there are a few key features missing. For one, the app needs to have the ability to compare 2 or more photos large scale side by side, similar to the Compare View and Survey View in Lightroom Classic. These view modes are essential when I need to closely compare and choose the best of several similar photos. It's a critical feature necessary when editing and curating a large number of photos down to the very best images. This feature is also missing in Apples Photos app. The first one of these 2 apps - Lightroom CC or Photos - that adds this critical feature will win my support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this can't be an overly complicated feature to put in... how long has Lightroom CC been out?
It'd be nice to have it on both iPad and desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lac of a compare mode is one of the few things that are holding me back from fully embracing CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could limit it to 2-3 photos on phone and more on tablet. There’s already a multi-select tool, just have a ‘compare’ action along the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how the product team's thinking, do you use your product daily? Even if you can't make the "compare" feature, then at least allow custom ordering so you can compare two photos by hit/swipe left/right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this on the desktop version, but not mobile, which gets around their "feature parity" excuse as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you saying you can do on the desktop but not mobile Carl? They are aiming for feature parity but they're not there yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea that they won't introduce features (like comparing photos) on tablet or desktop because they won't work well on a phone.

It's been out for over a year now, being able to slide between selected photos on phone shouldn't be a massive deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to swipe between photos on a phone right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original comment: "Even if you can't make the "compare" feature, then at least allow custom ordering so you can compare two photos by hit/swipe left/right."

You can't swipe between photos selected using the select tool. I guess you could save a certain star rating to only use for photos you want to compare and then filter and then remove it once done... but that's a PITA for a pretty simple feature. Just add a compare button along with add / move / share / delete at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. Abc Dfg asked for custom ordering to swipe back and forth. That's not available on the desktop yet, but is available on mobile already.

Some kind of compare view certainly gets my support though, as I agree it's a pain to compare photos that aren't next to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change sort order, but you can't really customize it one off. On the desktop you can select multiple photos from the thumbnail row on the bottom and then move between them.

It's frustrating how I feel like I need to switch between devices - it's a lot faster to edit on my iPad Pro vs 2016 MBP, but the iPad exports photos in a random order which makes file names / time stamp useless for sorting, and I can't select arbitrary photos to compare.  It'd be nice if I could either choose the laptop or tablet as ideal editing device vs switching between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to latest Lightroom CC. Still no compare/survey view. Still no smart albums. Well, I guess that means I won't open up the app again until the next update to see if these NECESSARY features have been added. Until then the app is a waste of hard drive space. It's unfathomable to me that Adobe expects people to use this app without these basic features. Crazy pills! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, and it's not the only thing. See my recent post...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Survey View to Lightroom CC for Desktop. Sometimes I have multiple photos that are similar and I need to decide which is the best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree, Lightroom CC needs to have Survey View. It is pretty critical for professional use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider adding Survey View to Lightroom CC. It is very important to be able to compare 2 or more similar photos. The lack of this feature may force me to go back to using Lightroom Classic. It is a huge time saver when editing for a client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, lac of a compare mode is a big reason not to switch from Classic. It would be a great help to have mobile and desktop on the same program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just bring it back please !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, how else can you go through hundreds or thousands of photos? Sensei should group similar photos and autosuggest the best one, user selects which one they want, then auto advance. Point it at an album or an import date, also let the user select a series of images on the fly, not just what sensei thinks belongs together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need survey mode to help me to process event photos quickly. It is one of only a few features that make me want to fight the terrible sync process to try to use Classic to process photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A focus mask would be useful when comparing two images, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A focus mask would help when culling, too. It'd be a bit more useful than just watching two images side by dide.

Votes

Translate

Translate