Exit

P: Download from Lightroom Web images in the sRGB Color Space instead of P3

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Version: Lightroom web/cloud

2: Android, Chrome shared album

3. Share album, generate link. Download photo from Lightroom via google chrome on Samsung flip phone. Post to instagram using instagram app.

4. Expected result: correct colour

Something is going wrong with color profiling. There is no option to select what color profile to convert to when a link is given for people to download a shared Lightroom album. So it's automatic. The image posts on instagram as desaturated, it looks similar to when AdobeRGB is incorrectly interpreted as sRGB. This needs to be fixed ASAP, as obviously the cloud/web based Lightroom shouldn't be unusable with the worlds largest web photo sharing site/app.

I've exported directly on my iPad Pro and also downloaded via chrome via Lightroom web and postin it to Instagram the colour is correct from both of those.

Two attachments show the difference both screenshots from instagram 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this, the solution is to allow us to have our Jpegs exported as sRGB via Lightroom Web... web standard, so we can actually use our images on mobile platforms. "Take it up with instagram" isn't a solution, sRGB should really be a fundamental basic and I cannot believe it is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this still broken?

Votes

Translate

Translate