• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphical & Image Based Watermarks on images

Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When outputting any image from Lightroom mobile directly to any service, the image needs to have, at minimum, a © NAME simple watermark placed upon it. I don't think we need full functionality of the Watermark editor in Lightroom desktop but we do need the minimum functionality of the Simple Watermark in Lightroom's Export dialog. Until there is a way to mark an image, why would anyone consider using LR mobile to post anywhere?

NOTE: The original post was a request for a simple, text based watermark which has been implemented. This thread will continue to be the place to vote for image based watermarks. 

Edit: 1/21/2020  - This thread has been changed to represent all three of the Lightroom Ecosystem Clients (Desktop, Web, and Mobile) 

Edit: 5/15/2020 - This thread has been updated to include information on new functionalities. Please see the official post below. 

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Current Status (10/2020)

• Desktop - Text & graphic watermark
  • iOS (iPhone/iPad) - Text & graphic watermark
  • Android - Text & graphic watermark
  • Web (on export) - Text and Graphic - Planned
  • Web (when viewing) - Text and Graphic - Under Consideration
  • Sync watermarks between Lightroom Ecosystem Clients: Text & graphic watermark

This thread will remained in "Planned" status until the remaining clients complete their work on Graphic watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 252 Replies 252
252 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to be able to select preset watermarks when using the LR mobile app. The need to sync files in the desktop catalog to set a watermark and re-sync them again in your mobile would be very inconvenient and would make LR mobile app ineffective when traveling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion to export and add signatures. You can use the export module to reimport the images back into catalog.  than sync this catalog. Really easy. But my vote is to have this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would appreciate having the option to watermark my images in some way when using LR Mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would really like having the option to watermark my images in some way when exporting from LR Mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange that this feature is not available because their "Spark" products automatically included hashtag watermarks, so it's not an impossible feature to implement (IMHO). Maybe we should start asking the Adobe "Evangelists" like Russell Brown, Julieanne Kost, Terry White, Scott Kelby, etc. for these features to see if they have any influence with the scientists behind the Lightroom curtain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not really usable without watermark

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe! Having Lightroom mobile have the ability to export an image with a watermark is pretty essential to what I need it to do. Would love this feature added

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so through but I asked it 2 years ago. and they replay a that's a good idea but still not added. disappointed

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love lightroom mobile but I rarely post my photos from it because of the lack of copyright ability. I love how streamlined the app is but feel as if I cannot utilize it to its potential because of not being able to protect my photos. I'd probably wouldn't be using my laptop that much anymore if I had that feature. I don't know the coding involved that would allow such a feature to be used but I would love to see this implemented or created because it would make the app stand apart from regular photo editors. Not only can you edit professional photos on your ipad, but you can also upload it too. This would be awesome to see happen, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just here to add my vote for watermarks in LR Mobile. I love that I can edit and organize my pics on the go so easily with LR Mobile, but it seems that if it has the sharing option (which it does) then it should also have the watermark option. As it is I have to go back to my Mac to watermark/export/upload, OR use another app on my iPad, resulting in multiple versions of the photo on my device. Please, Adobe! We love you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this capability must be provided.   Lightroom mobile is really half baked.  You can't sync smart collections and you can't add watermarks unless you export to have the watermark applies and then reimport a picture that then has the watermark.  

Why does the watermark application have to reside on the export module?   why can't it rest on any picture in the library like a layer so that when you send it to mobile, or export it external to Lightroom, it already has the watermark and and is then applied permanently?  I think putting it on the export module is a mistake.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermark feature is is a necessity in LR mobile! Why are you not being responsive to this Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years later and LR Mobile still doesn't have any "watermark" feature added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know that the new release coming out shortly doesn't have it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no way to add watermark on mobile???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would "THINK" that a company like adobe would consider "Listening" to those who buy their products and use it frequently?.... I guess not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add another voice to the choir. I would really like to see a watermark feature added to Lightroom Mobile. It is one of the things that holds it back from being a truly mobile alternative for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a must have in the export options from each platform, if im going to continue using this program long term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another voice to the choir. Such a basicfeature missing in the version of the software that is intended for quick edit-share flow.

For some people, there is no sharing without watermarking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please please please please give us the ability to watermark photos on LR mobile galleries. I love LR mobile...with this one GLARING exception. Thanks, Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there watermark for mobiles??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the option to add a watermark be added soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A popular idea! I merged it with the rest and changed it to an idea to give it more weight.

Thanks, Tiera!

Votes

Translate

Translate