• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: IPTC information in Info Panel

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to include IPTC information in the file INFO in Lr CC. This is the industry standard for file information and a requirement of most photo agencies, so why isn't it in CC? Cloud storage is great but without IPTC it's not of much use to those submitting to an agency.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

You can add metadata to multiple photos, you just have to be in Grid view.

Lightroom doesn't track every step as Develop History like Lightroom Classic does, but it does create an Auto Version when you switch to a different photo or back to Grid view.

Votes

Translate

Translate
47 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This function is only available in Lightroom Classic or Bridge on desktop operating systems unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it in Lightroom Desktop as well, though of course there's only a limited amount of IPTC data available to view and edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do that? I have never been able to figure out how to do one to many IPTC metadata copy and paste in Lightroom Cloudy. It's trivial in Classic. Cloudy only shows very few fields indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can either use copy and paste in the Grid view, i.e. select an image that has the data that you want to apply to multiple images, copy the specific field, then select the target images, click in the field and paste. Or you can select multiple images in the grid with the Info panel open, then you can manually enter the required data in one or more fields and that will be added to all the selected images. Really not that disimilar to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as I thought you can only copy and paste from a field into another field. That is not copying metadata. That is just copying a text field and pasting it in another text field. So yeah there indeed is no copying and pasting of metadata (i.e. multiple fields at a time like Classic can do) at all in Lightroom Cloudy. While entering indeed you can enter for multiple images at a time which is something at least but no useful things like the metadata presets in Classic. Different audiences for the different programs of course so probably not a big deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's work on android Lightroom mobile but Not with Apple iPhone 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's work on android Lightroom mobile but Not with Apple iPhone 😞

By @Quentin27839238qxin

Yes, another of the Lightroom frustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I just converted this post from a general discussion item to an Idea, which can count votes to help product mgmt understand interest here

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add more fields of Iptc metadata, like creator on lightroom app for smartphone ... Many thanks Tino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic (and many other image processing applications - such as Google's defunct Picassa), there's a lot of metadata available about each image. In Lightroom (Creative Cloud), the metadata offered is limted to this:

• Camera used
  • Lens used
  • File size
  • ISO
  • Focal length
  • Aperature
  • Shutter speed

In my situation, I'd like to be able to see what shooting mode I was in when I took a photo (PASM or Auto). Lightroom (Creative Cloud) doesn't provide this information. However, if I export an image as a JPEG and import it into Picassa, ALL of the metadata displays. So the information exists, it just is allowed to display in Lightroom (Creative Cloud) .

Yes, I could import an image into Lightroom Classic, but that's not the point. Viewing an image's metadata should not require jumping through hoops. This is basic stuff.

If I've missed something obvious, let me know (but a chat with Adobe Support concluded that I haven't missed anything).

Finally, I did check to see if a more complete amount of metadata is viewable when accessing images on the Adobe cloud ... Nope! It's the exact same information that displays when using the app.

Are there more of you like me that would like to see this added in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there plans to capture and view all the camera meta data for a photo in Lightroom cloud base application? Of course we can see ISO, shutter speed, aperture but why can't we see the other data that's available on the camera for a photo? For example, exposure compensation, metering mode, the focus point on the photo, etc. If I copy a photo from the camera memory card to a computer or even an iPad, much of this data is captured. But when the photo is imported into Lightroom it appears to be no longer available for viewing. Seeing this data would assist in improving my photography skills, as I could better learn what worked and didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is used by professionals as a professional tool all over the world. Many photojournalist use Lightroom and need to use other apps to enter and edit IPTC data. IPTC should be incorporated directly in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is used by professionals. Especially editorial photographers. But they are forced to move edited images to a desktop to add and edit simple IPTC captions. Lightroom desktop has IPTC implementation so it can't be too hard to bring it to Lightroom for iOS. The LEAST adobe could do is allow the 'Description / Caption' dialogue box to be resized so a user can see and edit multiple lines of text in the field and be able to filter and search on the description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I boguht this app with yearly renewal, i am professional photojournalist, need this to have additional feature : headline, city, country in meta data so i can add those

please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again to adobe developer : I bought this app!! Its not cheap so i ask addtional features : metadata have : headline, city, country so i can those info for iptc info.

need this badly! As i cannot bring laptop any more due to bad backpain!! Iphone help me a lot lifted that burden, but the app need more advance, so please please help ADOBE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_4684.png

 so in this field please add more : city, country,headline

pleaseeee help ADOBE!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe please adding metadata in light room!! I paid for your service, so listen please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_4684.png

as you can see from this picture metadata in adobe light room mobile for iphone only show : title, caption, copyright, and keywords

Could you please add : sublocation, location, country, country id , and head line 

so when we open in photo mechanic or bridge : that iptc info also can be shown.

with this added , i do not need to bring laptop any more as its hurt my back already, 

i am almost 50 years professional photojournalist, bring camera and lenses already hurt, then i have to bring laptop also, my back just can not tolerate this

i am paying this app, so please help🙏🙏🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe not adding complete metadata iptc info for light room mobile for iphone/android, then i will not renew the subscription!!!!!! Good bye adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

7 hours ago 7 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be nice if you could extend the metadata customization in the cloud-based version. In Lightroom Classic it gives you way more options. 

I know that you can add Copyrights but it would be helpful if you could alter the ITCP data even further. At least so you can add an author to photografs.

Extend the ITCP data customizer please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate