• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop: Add slideshow

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the new lightroom cc in my windows pc recently, i like the integration between the different platforms.

But either i'm missing something or it is missing. I can'f find a slideshow in the desktop version of this version of lightroom, in the classic and android version it is readily available, but i can't find it in the desktop version. Is this feature missing?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

There isn't a slideshow tool in Lightroom Desktop at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
18 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, slideshow isn't currently in the LRCC desktop app, but I'll change this to a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shocks me that Adobe doesn't up and say there's no slideshow in LRCC. All the pretty pictures and tutorials that come up in a search end up being about Lightroom 6 or Lightroom Classic CC or some earlier desktop version. I've wasted way too much time trying to figure out how to reorganize my photos in a Lightroom CC album and can't figure out how to get them into a story-telling slideshow--with or without audio.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really irritating omission - Frankly it makes the new lightroom useless for a significant chunk of my work pattern and I will be dumping it shortly even if I can find a time consuming "work around"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Request to add the slideshow option in Lightroom CC (Cloud) like the option in Lightroom CC Classic. I have used this option quit often  to create a slideshow and watch this on my television with friends and family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's still no slideshow facility in Lightroom CC for desktop - unless I'm missing something.  Surely Adobe could add this quite easily!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of this just bit me.

I created a slide show in LRCC mostly using my iPad and iPhone, but took my laptop to the presentation location intending to show it that way since the video output options from iOS devices are weaker than those of a PC. There on site, I discovered that though the two apps (LRCC for iPad and Mac) share many features, this one is inexplicably missing.

You can blame me for not being prepared if you like. I could have tried it first. I could have had an iPad video adapter FedExed to myself at the last moment. I could have traveled to the presentation center a day early and practiced.

What I want to know is, why are those better options than for Adobe to simply work to achieve feature parity among the platforms using the $$ I send them every month?

I get it when the mobile platforms lack a feature that's in the desktop version, but the reverse? In what universe does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make the desktop app have slideshow, just like mobile app and web.  

Right now there is no such feature. One way to kind-of get slideshow is to use the full-screen mode ("F" key shortcut) but it does not show videos (stop once it encounters a video - probably a bug) and it requires manually going to the next photo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to create slide show in LR CC, not classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a slideshow tool in Lightroom Desktop at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Seems odd it doesn't have that option. Hopefully, it will be added in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing the option to start a slideshow on the Desktop version (all other Lightroom version have this function). Would also suggest to have the option to add music during the slideshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add slideshow to desktop version and also iPad ?!? 😊😊😊Please please please ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom on my desktop (NOT mobile phone), how do I make a slideshow from a folder? All help info I can find says it is easy if you are doing gthis on hyour mobile. I cannot believe Adobe engfineers are incapable of providing this necessary feature for the desktop Ligvhtroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no doubt the Adobe engineers are capable of developing that feature, I can only assume therefore that the product management team haven't yet prioritised that work. Suggest you turn your message into an "Idea" so that you and others can vote on the suggestion. The more votes, the more likely that the priority would change.

In the meantime, if you need to run a slideshow on your desktop you could use the LrWeb interface in a browser window to run a slideshow of your albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr-Web (in a Browser) is a good suggestion. Here is another that needs a bit more work-

1) Export all photos in an Album to a folder on desktop eg. as [JPG Small] (you choose the 'new' folder location)

2) Select the Exported folder and Run the Slideshow function in Adobe Bridge.   (Bridge is 'free' to everyone.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Upvote button as the top of this thread to Vote for this feature request. This is monitored by the engineering team to see the popularity of requests, it doesn't guarantee implementation though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently Lightroom Moblie has the functionality of Slide Show, the same version on the desktop is missing this functionality. It should be relatively easy to add it in next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate