• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Trash" Functionality

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems less than optimal for deletion of photos in Lightroom CC to permanently remove the photos from all locations, especially in the event of accidental deletion.

It would be great to have some sort of "Trash" functionality for deleted images (that could be cleared regularly as a policy) or even send deleted images to the native trash on any desktop machines connected to the cloud account.

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019
Deleted item functionality, originally released in May on the Lightroom Web platform is now available inside all of the Lightroom Ecosystem clients. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019
Greetings All,

Effective with the release today, the first stage of a Deleted Item recovery is available to the Lightroom Ecosystem. Logging into Lightroom Web at http://lightroom.adobe.com will reveal a Deleted Icon beneath All Photos. Items deleted in any of the Lightroom clients (Desktop, Web or Mobile) should appear in this area for evaluation, recovery or permanent deletion. 

Note that this is the first step in a more robust implementation and there will be more to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate
74 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. As it's a worry working on your 'backup'. You could put the power in our hands, and even use the trash towards our allocation. E.G. You have 550GB used (500GB synced and 50GB in trash) view/clear trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, iCloud Photo Library does this great.  Your deleted photos stick around in the trash for 30 days unless you manually go in and empty it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree, this should be top priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finally decided to give LRCC a go having stuck to Aperture.  I find it's already pretty difficult to delete stuff from Lightroom but dislike the binary route when it decides to play.  Aperture had a good model - rejects disappear from albums but stay in the catalogue until actually deleted.  Delete (Cmd Backspace) was easy for obvious bad photos but Trash itself still had to be emptied.  The net effect was easy triage with just the right amount of safety net.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost lost all my photos in Lightroom CC by one click due to the bug in the app (another topic). It would be nice to have kind of recycle bin one could use for undo actions that are now irreversible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do so agree! I made copies instead of moving a few photos decided to delete the copies, well I thougt so. Happens to delete the originals. BAM. And no recycle bin for a period of time like Apple Photos. Just gone.

Why isn’t it possible to remove copies in the first place? In my opinion they have nothing to do with the originals... can this be a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder of delete pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  There should be some type of short-term retention for anything that is deleted.  If cloud storage is going to be trusted as the primary storage for my photos, then there needs be a an easy way to undo mistakes or restore recent deletions.  This seems like a step backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. New here and this is my first post. I did the full monty and canceled my Photo-Sub (with Lightroom CC + Classic + Photoshop + 20GB Cloud) and go for the 1TB with Lightroom CC. So far so good. Folders from old catalogs doesn't work anymore if I migrate, got it. No worry about that. It's a good kick to go over the 55k pictures in my library and sort them out and put it in new folder in LCC. But big big wish - give us a Trashcan, a Recycle Bin. That's all for the moment from me. Greetings to all from Switzerland and keep on rocking. Cheers. Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a trash can or recently deleted folder asap! I just almost lost a photo because of this! 

A trick for anyone this might happen to... I accidentally deleted a photo on my iPhone; I quickly turned my computer's wifi off before opening lightroom on my MacBook, luckily the photo was still there, and I saved to my desktop the original+settings before turning wifi back on.  After the sync happened, I re-imported the picture and saved the day for myself. 
Seriously considering going back to Photos if this feature is not added soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Agree as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to click the "Vote" box at the top of the page!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I love Lightroom CC, but there are still a few things missing. One of them is a "Recently Deleted" album. Ideally this would be where stuff you've deleted in the last 30 days would reside before being deleted permanently (or could be cleared out manually). Since LRCC seems to bypass the normal Trash/Recycle Bin folder, this would be great for making sure I don't accidentally delete something and then have no way of recovering it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm waiting for a new version including such a basic/essential feature. 
Adobe is allowed to create a third software called Lightroom CC-DT (Deleted Trashed version) and ask 3 bucks more a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😄 😄 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's time Adobe! Thread is 8 months old and such a very very very basic feature is still not implemented...

This can be done easily and doesn't need more space. The deleted files can be added to the total space of an account and removed if the user decides to empty the trash. And if the trash is emptied, ah well, then the files are gone.
Just lost some files because of this. This experience is much more cumbersome than implementing the feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding? Do we really need to vote such a basic feature? Does it need month of development and beta testing?
Com'on 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree completely. This is a major missing feature in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware that this is a top priority and we are working towards a solution. Thank you for your patience.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lovely to see your reply Barry.  If you could get the team to take a look at keywords and smart albums so the asset management is as good as the develop capability, that would be amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just lost a bunch of photos!!!  Imagine that Adobe doesn't really make it clear that there are no backups of your photos when you use Lightroom CC.  Lightroom Classic everything is synced, locally and when a file is deleted it goes in the trash.  But not with lightroom CC.  If you accidently delete a photo, its gone forever.  In my case I had run out of space and was trying to delete photos I had backed up, but there is no way to sort by exif data that I could find, and I accidently deleted too much.  no worry I thought, I'll go to assetts.adobe.com and recover the deleted files only to discover that lightroom isn't actually part of creative cloud, its a one off, that isn't integrated into the other apps.  

It is quite clear to me now that lightroom CC is not ready for prime time.  I will continue to use it as a toy so that I can take photos with my iphone, I'll continue to evaluate, but I just don't think it is ready yet.  There are too many gotchas with their syncing model.  I'll continue to use lightroom classic backed by dropbox.  But at least with Dropbox I can actually sync my files to an external drive for backup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m actually not sure the Trash model is the best route here. A history of actions and the ability to go back and selectively or completely undo would be more powerful (and somewhat more unique). Also, the ability to reveal deleted items anywhere (in any album, etc.) might be super useful. That said, at the minimum, a Trash album is definitely warranted. I also accidentally deleted the wrong photo, though I’m maintaining a separate, unsynced backup of my photos in a Lightroom Classic catalog, on top of local backups of my Lightroom CC originals, so I was able to easily recover. However, that didn’t stop a moment of panic.

Votes

Translate

Translate