• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile camera won't start

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera won't start in lightroom mobile, running on Samsung Galaxy s8+, android v9. Screen displays camera logo, but the camera app will not start. I've signed out/in, and also uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom mobile.

Any ideas on how to address?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

I used both..launching from within the lightroom app, and from the widget.

However, I did restart my phone...and it's working again. I'm so used to not restarting, I forget that as a solution. Always seems to work with Windows. 🙂

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DavidPerez,

That isn't a great user experience as Lightroom app Camera is not starting on your Samsung Galaxy S8+, we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Are you launching the camera from within the Lightroom app or have you created a widget for the camera?

Which exact version of Lightroom app are you using?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used both..launching from within the lightroom app, and from the widget.

However, I did restart my phone...and it's working again. I'm so used to not restarting, I forget that as a solution. Always seems to work with Windows. 🙂

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Glad to know you got it working

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very similar issue on iPhone 7, iOS 13.6.1 

The camera button is simply missing much of the time on the main library screen. The only way I can get to it is from a widget I created. Often have to close and reload LR mobile several times. I've tried restarting the phone and re-installing LR mobile but still get the same behaviour. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshua

I think what you describe about the camera button missing much of the time is probably expected behavior.  The app design hides the camera and import button if you scroll down in an album or All Photos.  The buttons appear again if you scroll back up towards the top eeven just a little.  Is this what you mean?  If what you are saying is you would prefer to see the buttons appear all the time for easy access, post your suggestion over at feedback.photoshop.com where the engineering team can see your feedback more easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I find this to be very inconsistent and strange behavior. The app also hides the camera/add photos button in the main library window depending on which collection was most recently selected and is highlighted. For example after viewing LR Camera Photos and backing out to the main Library screen it hides the camera button, but if I look at "All Photos," then back out to the library window it shows the camera button. Why?! I posted another version of this question on the feedback forum and an engineer replied...but didn't have an answer to why it behaves this way. 

Some software engineers probably spent a lot of effort to get the button to appear and disappear contextually and when scrolling, but it would be so much better if it was just accessible all the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts and feedback on this experience.  It does matter, and the team does get the feedback.  This is a topic that has come up before, so hearing more on this lets us know there's still room for improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt replies. Appreciate that Adobe is listening to its users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button is there but doesn't work - everything else is active and working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RoyMorris 

Is this on iOS?  Android?

If on iOS, check Settings ? Privacy > Camera -- is Lightroom enabled?  

Does a device restart help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Camera is not starting in lightroom moblie. The camera logo is displayed on the screen but it does not start. I'm running the latest version of lightroom available on the Play Store on Oneplus Nord CE3, android 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines