Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add photos button greyed out

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I'm using the latest Version of Lightroom on Mac (Version 10.13.6) but the button to add photos is completely greyed out (same is true when I try to attempt this from File >  Add Photos). I've tried installing older versions of Lightroom and even tried installing it on a separate Macbook Air and in both situations I ran into the exact same issue.

I'm on a Student License (with Duke University) and have scoured other posts about similar issues but can't seem to work out a fix. I also reached out to the Duke IT Team and they told me they can't help so I'm stuck between a bit of a rock and a hard place. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe says:

“Federated (Corporate and Education) Licenses can download and install Lightroom Desktop. However, Services need to be enabled on your license in order to use the product. 

Lightroom Desktop relies on storing your catalog as well as your images in the cloud. If your license does not allow for Cloud Services, you will not be able to add photos to your Lightroom catalog and the option will be grayed-out. 

If this is the case, you can contact your Adobe License Administrator and ask them if:

1. Services are available with your license
  2. If your account can be enabled for services

Lightroom Classic is also likely available via your Federated License and does not require Cloud Services to function.  It would be another option for you”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines