Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Language? Lightroom From Portuguese to English

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,
I've been trying to change Lightroom's language for at least a first few days, which is in fact a long time for such a trivial task, and I'm sure Adobe is very well aware of that problem, which is one of the reasons why I'm surely not going to pay for more than a year of CC.
Anyways, rant asside, I want to change my language from Portuguese to English. I've removed creative cloud as a whole, deleted all entries on the Registry, deleted all references in Program Files, ProgramData, AppData, Temp, etc, and installed creative cloud in english. In fact, I already had it set to english even before I installed Lightroom before all this. I used to be able to simply change Creative Cloud's language and reinstalling Lightroom and that would work, but it no longer does.
Any help?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

FranckTheMiner  wrote

Hey,
I've been trying to change Lightroom's language for at least a first few days, which is in fact a long time for such a trivial task, and I'm sure Adobe is very well aware of that problem, which is one of the reasons why I'm surely not going to pay for more than a year of CC.
Anyways, rant asside, I want to change my language from Portuguese to English. I've removed creative cloud as a whole, deleted all entries on the Registry, deleted all references in Program Files, Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you're looking to change the language of Lightroom, could you please try the steps mentioned here and let us know if you're able to change the language?

Change the language setting of your Creative Cloud apps

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I believe you may not have fully read my post, as I said that I tried just that on line 7. Still, could be helpful for those who haven't tried that yet.

Sincerely,
Francisco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FranckTheMiner  wrote

Hey,
Anyways, rant asside, I want to change my language from Portuguese to English. I've removed creative cloud as a whole, deleted all entries on the Registry, deleted all references in Program Files, ProgramData, AppData, Temp, etc, and installed creative cloud in english. In fact, I already had it set to english even before I installed Lightroom before all this. I used to be able to simply change Creative Cloud's language and reinstalling Lightroom and that would work, but it no longer does.
Any help?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Lightroom is multilingual by default, you don't have to change the language through the CC app. You can select the language in the preferences (you will need to restart it). Did you try that?

Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 18.47.42.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I just tried that option on my Macbook, and I can confirm it works. However, I had started this thread on my Windows PC, so I won't yet mark your answer as correct until I test it there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It will work that way on Windows too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines