• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Lightroom CC Automatically Disable 'True Tone' on iPad Pro Display?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased an iPad Pro that has the new 'true tone' display feature.  I think it does a great job, overall, of balancing the display colors, however, I've read that Apple automatically disables their 'true tone' feature when opening their native photos app to view/edit photos.

My questions are:

1) Does Lightroom CC automatically disable 'true tone' when opening the app to edit photos, same as apple's photos app?

2) If not, should you be manually disabling 'true tone' when editing photos in Lightroom CC to get more accurate color results for prints, or media sharing?

Since 'true tone' does change the color tones on the screen based on the surrounding ambient light, I'd like to know what others are doing in this regard.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I don't have an iPad with True Tone, I have an iPhone X with True Tone turned on. When I edit photos in LR CC Mobile it does not turn True Tone off. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to update this because it appears so high in search results.

I just tested Lightroom Mobile 5.2.4 on iPadOS 13 and TrueTone is automatically turned off when switching to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines