• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Images

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a tech person so I'm in need of some help. Yesterday Lightroom worked fine. Today, I'm not able to export my images. It's asking me to choose an application. I want my images to go right into my Downloads, so I've chosen "Open to Other Application" and then it asks me to choose an application. When I click on it, my downloads pop up, but I cannot save this choice and my images are not downloading. What can I do to fix this? Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read your question a number of times, and have thought about it. But it really doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Are you really talking about exporting, or are you talking about importing, or what? The prompt you are quoting, "Open to other application" doesn't seem to apply to the import or the export function. Consequently, it's difficult (at least for me) to even suggest what to do to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are using Lightroom or Lightroom-Classic?  (Menu: Help > System Info...)

'Lightroom' does not offer "Open to Other Application", it only asks for a Folder for the exported file.

'Lightroom-Classic' export has a Post Processing panel where you can choose an application. The default in this panel should show [Do Nothing].

ScreenShot160.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic. This just started malfunctioning today. I need my images to go into my downloads after I crop and tweak them. The option "Do Nothing" isn't working for me. The 'Choose an Application" doesn't allow me to choose my downloads. Thanks for your help.export.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using the wrong method. If you simply want your exported files to go to your Downloads folder then you choose that folder in the Export Location panel at the very top of the Export panel. Change the Post-processing panel back to Do Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I tried as you suggested and it still does not work. Under Export to, I don't have the specific option to choose Download. I have to use a Subfolder... which has always worked. I also have it set at Do Nothing as well. 

user.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Select the Downloads folder directly in the 'Export to' field and do not check the option 'Put in Subfolder'. Also make sure that Lightroom Classic has privileges to access the Downloads folder if you run MacOS Catalina.

catalinasecurity.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option to export directly into my downloads. I have no idea what MacOS Catalina is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloads is just another folder. You should be able to select it directly. MacOS Catalina is the latest version of MacOS, but I see you are using Windows, so ignore that part.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I have no idea why you'd want to use the system's Downloads folder for exported files, it is possible on my Windows system. But first you have to select the "Specific folder" option in the Export To: box, you should not be selecting the "User Folder" option. When you change to "Specific Folder" you will then get a "Choose" button which when clicked on lets you choose the specific folder you want.....so you'd browse to and select your Downloads folder. Then make sure "Put in Subfolder" is unchecked, then make sure "Do nothing" is set in the Post-Processing section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that you suggested and my images still do not go into my downloads. Thanks for all your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another way to save my images to downloads? I'm very green here. I use photos that I've taken and post them on my blog. I crop and tweak them in Lightroom and then store them in my Downloads. It's simple for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the complete export dialog so that we can check that you've set it up correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really must save your exported images to the Downloads folder, can you not simply choose that folder in the export dialog when you click on the choose button?

Annotation 2020-05-12 185918.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the thing, it's not working. I cannot get my images to export to my downloads. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of what I see.LR screenshot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks correct, so what happens when you do the export? Presumably you see the export progress bar top left above the ID plate, yes? Does that complete OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see the export bar across the top left, and it looks like each export completes. It just doesn't end up in my downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then can we have a screenshot of the contents of your downloads folder to see if we can figure out what's going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I just saw where my images when. They go into "This PC" and then into a download file. Odd, very odd. That has never happened before. Would you have any suggestions on how I can change that to my other download file? Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems the images are going into a file called "Downloads" in my downloads. Odd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing "odd" about it. Both Windows and MacOS automatically provide a "Downloads" folder in the user library, which is usually where any downloads that the user does from the web would be stored automatically. You have been wanting help in getting your exports placed into your "downloads" file, so it's not surprising that that's what we've been trying to help you with. But now in turns out that you actually mean a completely different folder that the system-generated "Downloads" folder, so what you need to do is go back to the export dailog and use the "Choose" button to select your "download" folder, wherever it may be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the same. What I meant is that the images are downloading into a separate file in my downloads... called downloads. I did not create this file, so I'm baffled. Either way, I know where the images are going and I'm good with that. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mean folder, not file, and I assume that is because you have still checked the option to create a 'Downloads' subfolder in the export dialog. Uncheck the 'Put in subfolder' 'Downloads'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines