Highlighted

How to: Rapid Culling with iPad

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an iPad Air a few days ago to try to speed up my photo editing workflow and to add the ability to edit during downtimes such as lunch during my day. 

I was trying to cull by using the upward swipe gesture on the left side of the screen, but it was a bit too fidly and I'd sometimes get the pick selection instead. Today, I figured out a much faster way to do this. 

After importing your photos into a Lightroom CC Mobile gallery, navigate to the gallery. At the top, filter by only the photos which equal no stars (pick/no pick/reject will work similarly of course).
Filter by no stars.Filter by no stars.

Tap the first photo. Tap the star icon near the bottom of the right toolbar. Rather than going full-screen, stay in this view. Double-click on faces to double-check focus as needed. Now, hit a star rating and the photo will be removed from the filter and which is effectively an auto-advance. Also, if you're restarting a cull session this will help you to avoid combing through the photos that you've already rated. 

Keep the stars visible instead of going full screen.Keep the stars visible instead of going full screen.

I hope this helps someone. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to: Rapid Culling with iPad

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an iPad Air a few days ago to try to speed up my photo editing workflow and to add the ability to edit during downtimes such as lunch during my day. 

I was trying to cull by using the upward swipe gesture on the left side of the screen, but it was a bit too fidly and I'd sometimes get the pick selection instead. Today, I figured out a much faster way to do this. 

After importing your photos into a Lightroom CC Mobile gallery, navigate to the gallery. At the top, filter by only the photos which equal no stars (pick/no pick/reject will work similarly of course).
Filter by no stars.Filter by no stars.

Tap the first photo. Tap the star icon near the bottom of the right toolbar. Rather than going full-screen, stay in this view. Double-click on faces to double-check focus as needed. Now, hit a star rating and the photo will be removed from the filter and which is effectively an auto-advance. Also, if you're restarting a cull session this will help you to avoid combing through the photos that you've already rated. 

Keep the stars visible instead of going full screen.Keep the stars visible instead of going full screen.

I hope this helps someone. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2019 2

Have something to add?