Highlighted

Lightroom CC mobile to Lightroom classic workflow

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Lightroom Classic on my Mac to import, edit and organize photos which are stored on an external hard drive. When I travel I use an iPad pro to import photos and sometimes start editing them in Lightroom mobile. When I get back to my mac, the original Raw images are downloaded to my Mac and Lightroom classic which is awesome! However, I would like to be able to move these photos on to my external hard drive into the folder structure I use (as if I had imported them from my SD card through Lightroom Classic as per my normal workflow) and remove the orignal raw files from Adobe cloud (to free up space). I have no been able to figure out how to do this, so I currently just keep the photos on my sd card after importing with my iPad and import a second time through Lightroom Classic onto my external hard drive. This makes the initial import with the iPad through lightroom mobile somewhat redundant and a waste of time. 

Is there a way to move the original raw photos which Lightroom classic has downloaded from the cloud onto my external hard drive?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

By default the images are downloaded into 'Mobile Downloads.lrdata'. That is a special folder (package on a Mac), that will appear in the Lightroom folder panel as if it was a different drive. You can move images from this to any normal folder in the same way you would move any other image from one folder to another: by using drag & drop.

In the Lightroom preferences you can change this download location and select a normal folder. You can then also specify that Lightroom should create dated subfolders. That should make it possible to let Lightroom download the images in the same folder hierarchy as your other images.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC mobile to Lightroom classic workflow

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Lightroom Classic on my Mac to import, edit and organize photos which are stored on an external hard drive. When I travel I use an iPad pro to import photos and sometimes start editing them in Lightroom mobile. When I get back to my mac, the original Raw images are downloaded to my Mac and Lightroom classic which is awesome! However, I would like to be able to move these photos on to my external hard drive into the folder structure I use (as if I had imported them from my SD card through Lightroom Classic as per my normal workflow) and remove the orignal raw files from Adobe cloud (to free up space). I have no been able to figure out how to do this, so I currently just keep the photos on my sd card after importing with my iPad and import a second time through Lightroom Classic onto my external hard drive. This makes the initial import with the iPad through lightroom mobile somewhat redundant and a waste of time. 

Is there a way to move the original raw photos which Lightroom classic has downloaded from the cloud onto my external hard drive?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

By default the images are downloaded into 'Mobile Downloads.lrdata'. That is a special folder (package on a Mac), that will appear in the Lightroom folder panel as if it was a different drive. You can move images from this to any normal folder in the same way you would move any other image from one folder to another: by using drag & drop.

In the Lightroom preferences you can change this download location and select a normal folder. You can then also specify that Lightroom should create dated subfolders. That should make it possible to let Lightroom download the images in the same folder hierarchy as your other images.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you rightly say, the photos are downloaded from the Cloud, to the designated download folder. Once downloaded they can be deleted from the Cloud.

I don’t really use Classic, but my understanding is (or was) that, within Classic, you just move the photos to the folder where you want them.

Maybe do a test on a photo of no importance, so you’re happy with the workflow.

There is no need to reimport again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep sync paused in Classic until you return home. Then choose your nominated external drive folder in Classic preferences. Hover over the identity plate top-left to re-start sync and the originals will download exactly where you want them. No need to move folders.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2019 2
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to you  I use  Macbook Ait with Lightroom CC when on my travels. I have developed the simple workfow that you can see at this link. Lightroom CC (On Location) to Lightroom Classic (Home) Workflow Diagram 

It works for me and avoids duplication of files. I end up with the original RAW on my NAS and the images imported into my LR Classic catalog. Happy for viewers to add comments if you spot any flaws in the workflow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2020 0
Speez LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering about this as well - what are the right methods/options/process/whatever to remove the synced files from the local travel device and adobes cloud after sync is complete?

Similar to everyone else, while traveling I want to upload through my ipad with CC mobile, then let that sync (original raw+jpeg included) back through Adobe cloud to my desktop at home running my classic catalog. Once all that is done and I am home, what are the steps to delete the original copies off the iPad AND remove the original copies from the cloud without messing anything up on the desktop classic instance and losing originals?

Also, assuming I could remote desktop in and verify that my stuff from say Monday had synced overnight and by Tuesday morning everyone had safely made it onto my desktop, is there a way to remove from the cloud while still remote on the iPad without again messing up the originals on the desktop? Reason being is I usually shoot a lot more than 20gb on a 1-3 week trip so being able to empty the Adobe storage every few days would be a good thing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0