Highlighted

Lightroom CC won't Quit on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Lightroom CC (v3.3) running on a 2018 MacBook Pro running Catalina (10.15.6). Yesterday was the first time that Lightroom wouldn't Quit when choosing that from the Adobe Lightroom menu. I had to Force Quit since I wanted to restart. Today I am having the same issue. I wanted to see if I could identify the cause (and fix!) before going down the path of doing a Force Quit again.

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC won't Quit on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Lightroom CC (v3.3) running on a 2018 MacBook Pro running Catalina (10.15.6). Yesterday was the first time that Lightroom wouldn't Quit when choosing that from the Adobe Lightroom menu. I had to Force Quit since I wanted to restart. Today I am having the same issue. I wanted to see if I could identify the cause (and fix!) before going down the path of doing a Force Quit again.

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work with Cmd+Q ?

Try quitting Creative Cloud by choosing Hide, rather than keeping it running in the background. Does that make any difference?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried Cmd+Q several times and that didn't work.

I believe your suggestion was to Quit the Creative Cloud app instead of just Hiding which is how I normally have it (always running for updates and syncing), correct? If so, I did just Quit the app (no longer in the top-right of the menu) and I'm still unable to Quit Lightroom via the menu and trying Cmd+Q.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing the prefs which will restore defaults.

Close Lightroom.

Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while starting Lightroom.

Agree to overwrite the settings when prompted by the dialog.

N.B. timing is critical so hold down the two keys for two or three seconds while launching the app and then release and look for the pop-up dialog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines