• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long periods offline

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be staying offline continiusly for months. I have read than I can use Lightroom offline but will my subscription be renewed every month? And if it is renewed, will my app continue to work in good order without it knowning that the subscription is renewed since I will be offline?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several things to consider-

Lightroom stores your photos in the Cloud, so you need online access to use your photos, unless you opt to store a copy 'locally' in your computer.

A monthly subscription would require you to be online once a month to keep your Adobe software activated.

An Annual subscription needs to be online every 90 days to check activation.

A mobile phone can be used as a conduit to keep Lightroom activated. if there is mobile coverage in your location.

Adobe at one time (TBMK) could provide 'long term' activation for special circumstances- Contact Adobe.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Storing photos locally is ok for me however 90 days will probably be too little. I will have mobile coverage now and then but I will be abroad and charges will be off the roof. For the "long term activation" you mentioned, how do I conntact Adobe directly? Also should I have a subscription already before I get in conntact? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have a Subscription to use Lightroom-Classic.

Without a mobile phone, many locations have WiFi (even free) which would allow Adobe to check your subscription status.

The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App  will only take a few seconds when online.

You would need to be buried in the Antarctic, or middle of the Amazon, to be really remote long term. 🙂 so you will need a really good excuse to ask (I do not even know if it is available!)-

! Contact Customer Care

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your help. I figured it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines