• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only some Lightroom presets showing up

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the new Adobe Lightroom CC on a Mac.

I recently installed a preset pack of 16 presets and got the confirmation that they were all successfully installed. Now when I click on a picture, sometimes only 4 or 5 of the presets show up in the folder. When I click on a different photo, then 9 or 10 may show up. It seems to be random as I click through different photos.

Does anyone know why this issue may be happening?

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

"I was able to figure out part of the issue. It looks like if the photo is a JPG, only 7 out of 16 presets show up. When the photo is RAW, 16 out of 16 presets show up. Not sure why it happens this way though."

First, can you clarify which version of Lightroom you are using? You said you're using "the new Adobe Lightroom CC", but there is no longer any such program. The "CC" was dropped by Adobe for all of its apps many months ago, and so for Lightroom there is now Lightroom Classic (which is

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem while using the recently-updated Lightroom Classic. I copied all of my presets from my older iMac and pasted them to the Develop Presets folder in Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom, and when I click an image and go to the Develop module, only a small handful of my presets appear. And none of my saved User Presets appear. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to figure out part of the issue. It looks like if the photo is a JPG, only 7 out of 16 presets show up. When the photo is RAW, 16 out of 16 presets show up. Not sure why it happens this way though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve this. I removed all xmp files from the Settings folder and the Develop Presets folder in Finder, so that I could start from scratch. From Lightroom Classic, while in the Develop module, I went to File then Import Develop Profiles and Presets..., and from there it opens a cloud folder to retrieve presets. I went back and copied all presets from my older iMac (from the Develop Presets folder there), and saved them to an SD card. I put the SD card in my new iMac, and copied the presets to this cloud folder, and was then able to import them from there, and they all now appear as presets on my new iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I was able to figure out part of the issue. It looks like if the photo is a JPG, only 7 out of 16 presets show up. When the photo is RAW, 16 out of 16 presets show up. Not sure why it happens this way though."

First, can you clarify which version of Lightroom you are using? You said you're using "the new Adobe Lightroom CC", but there is no longer any such program. The "CC" was dropped by Adobe for all of its apps many months ago, and so for Lightroom there is now Lightroom Classic (which is the latest version of the traditional desktop-oriented program that uses local hard-drive storage for the image files), and there is the cloud-centric version which is now simply called Lightroom.

From your description I suspect you are using Lightroom Classic. With the new profile/preset changes that were introduced in version 7.3, many presets can not be fully applied to certain file-types. The most typical example is when a preset includes the application of a specific raw profile, which cannot be applied to Jpegs, Tiffs, etc. Even some raw files could be affected if a preset includes a camera-matching profile for a specific camera type, and the raw file in question is from a different camera maker. There is a preference setting>Presets tab, which allows partially-compatible presets to be displayed or hidden...if the option is enabled, such partially compatible presets would be in italics, if it's disabled those presets would not appear unless the file is fully compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this explanation! I am using Lightroom and not Lightroom Classic but this makes sense with the raw profile. It must automatically hide those presets that use the raw profile when editing a JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines