Highlighted

Searching LR for photos without keywords

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since moving from LR Classic, the habit of adding or managing keywords has been difficult.  How do I search for photos that haven't got any keywords at all?

Ideally Classic and LR would sync keywords (as Classic this does allow such a filter), but this doesn't appear to be a feature that is supported.

-Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Searching LR for photos without keywords

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since moving from LR Classic, the habit of adding or managing keywords has been difficult.  How do I search for photos that haven't got any keywords at all?

Ideally Classic and LR would sync keywords (as Classic this does allow such a filter), but this doesn't appear to be a feature that is supported.

-Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

In Lightroom Classic you could search for images without any keywords by creating a smart collection, see Lightroom Classic: How to filter for Images with no Keywords | Photoshop Family Customer Community

However, in Lightroom desktop there is no way of achieving this that I can think of. It does seems like a great idea, could you share this as a feature request here? Lightroom Desktop (Cloud-based) | Photoshop Family Customer Community This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into it for future updates.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
plmacca LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Will do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a great feature request. I think many people would wish to search for photos without user keywords. It is possible to search for photos not in any album which will find orphan photos which may possibly not have keywords.

Go to all photos and in the search box type album (don’t press return) but add a colon. Then scroll to the bottom of the list – see image below.

notinalbum.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will post a feature request. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2019 0