Highlighted

Use Lightroom App WITHOUT eating up storage?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to import my massive phone camera roll into lightroom, but it seems to be duplicating everything. I cleared up 30 GB of space after it ran out of room the first time, and now my phone is full again. I do have the “only download smart previews” feature on to minimise space on phone. Is there any way to import local photos without eating up massive amounts of storage? Is there a reason why lightroom would require a separate duplicate of all the imported photos to be stored locally in addition to the original file on my phone?

I’m using the android app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Use Lightroom App WITHOUT eating up storage?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to import my massive phone camera roll into lightroom, but it seems to be duplicating everything. I cleared up 30 GB of space after it ran out of room the first time, and now my phone is full again. I do have the “only download smart previews” feature on to minimise space on phone. Is there any way to import local photos without eating up massive amounts of storage? Is there a reason why lightroom would require a separate duplicate of all the imported photos to be stored locally in addition to the original file on my phone?

I’m using the android app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is full, your phone or Lightroom’s cloud storage? After the imported photos have successfully synced to the Lightroom’s cloud you can remove them from your phone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jao_vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing everything from your photo roll into Lightroom On the phone? Indeed in that case it will copy the images tothe  Lightroom app’s local storage. Then it will upload all the images to the cloud. Only after the upload will it delete the local copies to reclaim space. So if you do too large batches at a time you can fill up local storage indeed. The solution to this is to do smaller batches of images and wait until they have fully synced up to the cloud before doing the next.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines