• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does Lightroom for ipad store my photos locally?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does Lightroom for ipad store my photos locally? I know it has to store them somewhere because I can still edit RAW photos when I am offline, and google isn't any help here. I'd like to do some basic file management and clear some stuff off my ipad and drop it into a hard drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

It stores the images inside the app space. You can't access that storage with another app. iOS does not allow that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stores the images inside the app space. You can't access that storage with another app. iOS does not allow that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the reply! Not sure why Adobe tries this hard to be this user unfriendly... does this have something to do with selling cloud space or something? It just seems silly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clint, this isn't Adobe being unfriendly, this is a function of how iOS works. Consequentially, Lightroom uploads your originals to the cloud for permanent storage. Once this upload has happened, you can use Lightroom's settings to clear the local cache, freeing up space. Lightroom will re-download a Smart Preview or the original as needed in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture One stores the imported files in the files app as ARW files, so I guess that iOS allows it and that is simply one of the many unfriendly limitations of Lightroom mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are replying to a three years old thread. Things may have changed in three years, both for iOS and for Lightroom. Lightroom can now directly access images in the camera roll.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines