• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did some of the characters just disappear?

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the character Malcolm in Mixamo get removed for some reason? 

I have a skeleton in Unreal that was set up based on the skeleton of the Malcolm character in Mixamo. Using this character and exporting animations worked great for importing mocap into Unreal engine. But today when I log into Mixamo, Malcolm is gone. I try exporting animations using other characters, but this results in wildly incorrect scale and placement in unreal, basically breaking everything. 

Any idea what is going on? Any way to get the character back, or do I have to start setting up some retargeting in Unreal to get it to work?

TOPICS
Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Id like to know if free community content is being removed or changed.

I have a simular issue where an edit of my model from a month ago, no longer works after I upload (to Mixamo) and rig this week.

March 22: The Armature bone disapears in UE4 after import (so now my character spins around when physics are enabled). Feb 22: But a month ago, it remained, and physics worked somehow with my settings (armature/root bone kept character stable to the ground?) Idk. But the unknown changes are frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes malcolm has left Adobe and moved on to other things;

also yes content gets removed \ changed all the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a notice given first? What can we do [to harvest an old animation download we have of character X] if an anim set gets removed?

I could never get retargeting to work in UE4 because Mixamo has more finger bones than UE mann. Ty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well they gave us a month notice when they made Fuse end of life, told us on the Friday that the Fuse forum was being turned off on that Sunday... the day after they turned every model on Mixamo in a different Fbx type they posted a 'by the way' but in general no

Most Adobe staff have no clue what Mixamo is and in general things are changed or turned off without notice of any kind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines