• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo Auto-Rig messing up hands, not including all fingers.

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been using the Mixamo auto rigger for years, so I'm very, very familiar with the expected results of the output. Lately, (last few weeks or months?), Mixamo has started creating many errors when uploading characters. For example, as seen in the attached screenshot, only 3 fingers ( in terms of bones) are incorporated in the rig. Other characters only get 2 fingers. This is producing unusable results and seems to be the result of adjustments to the back end, as I am upload the exact same base models I was uploading a few months ago without any problems.

Another major issue is the way the neck and head are rigged. The neck now bends in the very middle of the neck instead of the base of the head. This was not an issue a few months.

Is there any way this can be fixed? It is holding up a commercial project.

Thank you for maintaining a great service with Mixamo Auto Rigger.

TOPICS
Bug , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , I've experienced this before and I solved mine by moving the hand green circle a little bit more to the center of the palm. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that's a useful tip. I hope it helps people out. I found a way to avoid the issue by manually adjusting my fingers to be more farther apart in the model before uploading to mixamo. I don't think I want mixamo placing the "wrist" bone in the middle of the hand. Is that the kind output that you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines