• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mixamo character and animation use

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I am developing a game together. While developing the game, I bought characters and animations from mixamo.
will i violate copyright if i publish the game on google play store??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

I bought characters and animations from mixamo.

By @Yusuf Furkan5C3F

you must have done this before Adobe purchased the Mixamo\ Fuse company and therefore your licence terms are whatever Mixamo had posted [at the time]

quotewill i violate copyright if i publish the game on google play store??
By @Yusuf Furkan5C3F

if you allow people to download the assets from this game i.e, just the models or animations then yes that does violate the licence however the game itself can be placed on a store for download

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask Mixamo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go here for Mixamo help https://www.mixamo.com/#/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Lounge forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved this post to Mixamo where it belongs.]

For those ACPs who don't know, Adobe owns Mixamo now and it's part of Creative Cloud.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/mixamo/bd-p/mixamo?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought characters and animations from mixamo.

By @Yusuf Furkan5C3F

you must have done this before Adobe purchased the Mixamo\ Fuse company and therefore your licence terms are whatever Mixamo had posted [at the time]

quotewill i violate copyright if i publish the game on google play store??
By @Yusuf Furkan5C3F

if you allow people to download the assets from this game i.e, just the models or animations then yes that does violate the licence however the game itself can be placed on a store for download

in other words, people that want Mixamo models \ animations have to goto Mixamo webpage and get them from there... while its true skilled coders can still extract models from your game but that is not a violation because its not designed to allow that so as long as you don't make it easy (press here to get the model in Obj etc) then you are covered as fair use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Mixamo characters and animations can be used completely royalty-free in any commercial project (especially games!), the only thing that is not allowed is re-selling Mixamo assets, or bulk downloading all Mixamo content to use for machine learning applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is difficult to envision a senario that uses Mixamo assets to generate machine learning applications so I assume that was an important memo event 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, have I understood you correctly, can I download, edit and add mixamo animation to my character for selling on 3d marketplace,  like unreal or cgtrader ect? thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could use Mixamo animation to make a vid demo of your character walking around to help sell it [the model] but you can't sell the actual animation because people need to download that themselves... its still a Mixamo asset even if you have made edits

in general, if you want good answers then open your own post with clear info about what you have it mind... saves people having to guess at what you really want to know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange thought in comparsion the Abobe employee, I'm not going to seel them separately, the anims in my commercial product, if so there is one more question can I sell the game where the characters have mixamo anims?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I sell the game where the characters have mixamo anims?

By @mumum5E5F

literally the same question already asked and answered mate

If I can easy get the model \ animation from your game then its against the licence... if its packed within the game itself then yes you can do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I understand. can I ask Mixamo to sell me around 30 animations and how much does it cost? or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mixamo is now owned by Adobe and no they don't sell animations but you can use them for your projects for free by downloading them one at a time

to use Adobe Mixamo you need a personal Adobe ID [like this forum] and to have a personal Adobe ID you only need a email address... you can also pay for a sub if you want other software but it is not needed to use Mixamo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very bad, I appreciate your awful information, now I need to take a lot of mokap in the net by free and clean'em, thx for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines