• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-rigged character's head does not animate when I upload to mixamo

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I have my character I rigged in blender. He poses correctly in blender and he will import and animate in mixamo for the most part, but his head won't move in the animations. It is like he has a neck brace on. Here is a screencap of the bone hierarchy in blender.

player with a stiff neck.JPG

I suspected that it had to do with the backpack bone (which is a sibling of the head) that I had for adding a bouncing motion to the backpack after I get the base animations from mixamo. So I removed the backpack bone and tried uploading it that way to no avail. What should I try next? Big thanks to anyone who takes the time to read my question.

looking at the ground like a doof.JPG

P.S. Bonus thanks to whoever can help me understand why zipping my .fbx and my .png texture before uploading does not result in my character having textures in the mixamo preview.

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

It was an issue with exporting from blender. I had to un-check NLA strips and all actions in fbx export in blender.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was an issue with exporting from blender. I had to un-check NLA strips and all actions in fbx export in blender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines